Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many liters to the 100kms

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Some people have reported getting varying fuel consumption figures depending on the brand of fuel they put into their tanks. I am somewhat 'suspicious' of Woolworths fuel as I always seem to have higher consumption after a fill from them !!
p.s. using 91 octane. Have tried the higher octanes with NO general improvement.

ICP-19Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
I always fill up from shell with 95. I hate E10 I wouldn't even put that in a rental

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
I haven't noticed it use oil but I get my mechanic to do all the services. I have noticed that the last 2 services he did it had way to much oil I had to take some out. The guy next door has a VE Wagon V6 I'm sure it's has the same motor and his getting 11.2L to the 100 around town. Don't wagons weigh more?? It's doing my head in.

The VE can have a 5 speed auto, that will make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
In my factory duel fuel wagon I average 10.7L per 100km. I do a 5 hour drive to work every 2 weeks, and what I've noticed with the Alloytec is that in essence the slower the high speed driving you do the more economical it is, for example I get 10.7 on average sitting at 110km/h if I wind it back to 100 that figure comes down by about 0.8 and if I can be arsed to sit at 90 I can save another 0.5. The Alloytec is a higher revving motor I think my old vx used to sit at 1700 or 1800 at 100km/h where as the Alloytec for me is 2000 doing 110km/h.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
it's an 1800+ KG car. Get a smart car or a prius if you're worried about fuel milage :D

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I've noticed with the Alloytec is that in essence the slower the high speed driving you do the more economical it is, for example I get 10.7 on average sitting at 110km/h if I wind it back to 100 that figure comes down by about 0.8 and if I can be arsed to sit at 90 I can save another 0.5.

You'll also find that in some instances at 90 on the highway, a fallace-like object emerges from your forehead and everyone hates you.

Seriously, buy a diesel golf if .5L/100 means that much to you.

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
You'll also find that in some instances at 90 on the highway, a fallace-like object emerges from your forehead and everyone hates you.

Seriously, buy a diesel golf if .5L/100 means that much to you.

I haven't done that on busy roads I travel an hour down a private access road to work so I'm not interfering with anybody else on the road. I was citing an example of how speed can effect economy based on experience with getting to know my car and no 1.5L doesn't mean anything to me so I sit on 110 when the law permits.

Chapman2233

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I have gotten 7L/100kms on the highway doing 110 the whole way, in 80-90 areas i get around 9L/100kms and urban driving can range from 11-14L/100kms, depends alot on how you drive and where abouts you are driving.

Nicks VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Some people have reported getting varying fuel consumption figures depending on the brand of fuel they put into their tanks. I am somewhat 'suspicious' of Woolworths fuel as I always seem to have higher consumption after a fill from them !!

I've noticed the same thing with Woolworths 95. Usually use Shell 95

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
They're probably lying in all honesty. Never ever trust the trip computer with its stupid xxL/100km - it's never correct anyway.

I hear people say this all the time - how do you and others get an accurate reading?