Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many Mufflers are Legal

Harts_94VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR II
richie said:
harts will do it this w/e

extractors made a world of diff mate, for the money most obvious difference of all the upgrades
Good to hear mate, I'm glad they've worked that well for you :D

As soon as I can afford it, mine is going to get some put in as well. One of the manifolds that is in there now has a crack in it, I've done a temporary repair with exhaust putty which will hold it from leaking for a while, but it's far from a permanent (or legal) repair.

It's hard to justify this kind of stuff when you're trying to save up for your wedding!!! :eek: The future better half will not be impressed... :D:D:D

J

Jonesy1980

The pipe ending just after the diff isnt illegal but you just need to make sure that its pointing downwards away from the floor of the boot and away from the fuel tank.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i digging up an old thread here...how much noise would a V6 make if i took the rear resonator out?...i could see it having a little bit more rumble and a bit more high-end bite, but it wouldn't be overly loud??? BTW i'm talking about a stock VS exhaust (getting holes in resonator...old)...oh and if it isn't too loud is there any legalities then?... Cheers Stretch

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
big_stretch said:
i digging up an old thread here...how much noise would a V6 make if i took the rear resonator out?...i could see it having a little bit more rumble and a bit more high-end bite, but it wouldn't be overly loud??? BTW i'm talking about a stock VS exhaust (getting holes in resonator...old)...oh and if it isn't too loud is there any legalities then?... Cheers Stretch
i have taken my rear muffler off and run a exhaust pipe from the centre muffler to the tip at the back and its quiet at idle with a small burble and driving normally isnt loud but when you put your foot down it sounds mean.

i am bored of it after a year and doing a full extractors exhaust kit coz i am also doing some other go fast bits

its a cheap way of getting a nice sound out of the car

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
cheers man...i will probly be getting a new kit from the cat back soon anyway...just thought it might give something to do in the hols...