Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many tyres hav u been through?

Fatboy

Reaction score
holden007 said:
In the 8yrs I have had the car, been through 3 sets of tyres, recently put 17' wheels and the tyres dont last at all.

Sounds like me. Maybe 3 sets in 10 years, I do drive like a granny tho ;)

CHANDLC

BushBasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 V6 VS LEXCEN
I got 55000klms out of my last set and that was with going to the drags and doing small skids just to heat the tyres up and get rid of the water for each run, done about 10 runs a night once every second week end for 6 months.
I'm running the dunlop 300E sports

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
first set of rears went through in 2months second set of rears went through in 2 months (tred fine no side wall left). now i realise tyres are expensive and i have four new ones so i am going to preserve these lot. i guess you just have 2 grow out of arcing it up round evry corner = costly. lookin at it now kinda of a waste of money. it realy dosnt prove anything.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
96vscommodore said:
first set of rears went through in 2months second set of rears went through in 2 months (tred fine no side wall left). now i realise tyres are expensive and i have four new ones so i am going to preserve these lot. i guess you just have 2 grow out of arcing it up round evry corner = costly. lookin at it now kinda of a waste of money. it realy dosnt prove anything.

Not only tyres, you kill your engine and trans aswell.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Last set of tires bought in 2003, still got about 70% on them maybe? I don't smoke her up that much, I respect the Berlina.

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore
if ur so keen on burning rubber save urself some money and go to the wreckers and get tyres

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
well i brought the one set when i got my car in september last year and there still at about 90% tread

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
I've had these current tyres about 14000k's and they still have about 70% left on all corners... rubber's gone hard. they stick great in the dry, but in the wet I make a nanna look like a girlracer

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Yeah mine are the same, they suck in the wet.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Oh dear, these threads are boring, perhaps we should have a "how much wiper fluid do you go thru in a year" thread.