Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how many vp senators made?

wi1dvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 5 speed
hey i am just wondering how many vp senators made and how to tell if it is a genuine

like what will the vin numbers start with
plastic bumpers
random things like a 260k dash or somthing
because i am looking at a senator at the monment and just want to know what things to look for to see if it is genuine because i dont want to get ripped

thanks

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
There were 2 different modelsl, the normal senator had the 180kw engine, 201 built + 15 5th Anniversary Models, and the senator 5000i which had a 200kw engine, 136 built + 30 5th Anniversary Models, not sure on the id numbers though.
There should be an id number on the dash and one under the bonet drivers side.

wi1dvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 5 speed
okay thankyou
the one i am looking at has the 200kw motor
can you tell what build number it is by the vin number because apperantly the guy that did own it took all the tags and bages off it?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Sounds sus to have all the hsv badges taken of. If you have the vin number go onto hsv website and there is a car id thing that tells.you if your car is a.hsv

wi1dvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 5 speed
okay thankyou i thought it was sus but the guy is giving me the vin or worst i wait until tommorrow when i have a look at thecar

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
okay thankyou
the one i am looking at has the 200kw motor
can you tell what build number it is by the vin number because apperantly the guy that did own it took all the tags and bages off it?

Smell a rat. IIRC HSV have a thinggy on their website where you plug in the vin and they will tell you if it's the real mccoy or not.

Reaper

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
the 200kw motor has red rocker covers and fuel rail cover, and should have VK prefit (not quite sure so use the forums search) Another lad had a heap of info posted in the VN-VP area about the Clubsport 5000i's.

enter the VIN number on the HSV site, also HSV seat's, full body kit, HSV ID tags and badge's and use google to compare it to other VP Senators

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
the 200kw motor has red rocker covers and fuel rail cover, and should have VK prefit (not quite sure so use the forums search) Another lad had a heap of info posted in the VN-VP area about the Clubsport 5000i's.

Not all 200kw motors had VK prefex. If you do have a VK motor you have hit the jackpot - it is essentially a VN group A 4 bolt block & heads less the manifold. HSV did do a high output 200kw 2 bolt version back then.

Reaper

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
Theres definitely one less in the world... because i have its engine transplanted into my vp :)