Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How many VP v6 IRS executive did they make?? Cause I've been told they only made IRS in VP Calais

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Vp irs non calais statesman ss is kinda rare i remeber reading somewhere that there was only 40 something irs executives built and ive personally seen 2 one at u pull it gillman a few years back and a mate had one his parents brought near new
In a nut shell its a calais body minus the spats and asssociated sheet metal to attach them

Meanmachine72

Reaction score
Members Ride
LJ XU-1 / VP Commodore
Just bought a 1993 VP executive..it has IRS but also optioned BT1..so i will have a few questions to ask you guys

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Just bought a 1993 VP executive..it has IRS but also optioned BT1..so i will have a few questions to ask you guys
BT1 often ran 'safety' features across the various models. so IRS, ABS, Airbags etc were added as part of BT1 specs.

Meanmachine72

Reaction score
Members Ride
LJ XU-1 / VP Commodore
yep it has ABS as well, on passenger side firewall tag its stamped P/Car..P= Passenger?..need a set of Bonnet hinges, do they make these new ? car is out off broken hill and spent all its life out there and its rust free and old owner said the the cops had it back in the day..what do i look for about that?

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
you could find NOS bonnet hinges on Ebay but be prepared to pay up to and over $200 each.......other than that its a trip to the wreckers or there are some 2nd hand on gumtree .................... i usually use the "google images" search as when stuff is for sale it usually includes a pic

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yep it has ABS as well, on passenger side firewall tag its stamped P/Car..P= Passenger?..need a set of Bonnet hinges, do they make these new ? car is out off broken hill and spent all its life out there and its rust free and old owner said the the cops had it back in the day..what do i look for about that?

P/Car is passenger car
BT1 is the tag on the compliance plate indicating police pack. - among other things the speedo has 2km increments, and a different needle (ford spec) as well as a light above the speedo cluster, the auto trans has gates missing allowing shifting without the button, sump bash plates, FE2 suspension, etc
plus bonus holes in the trim from all of the gear.

Meanmachine72

Reaction score
Members Ride
LJ XU-1 / VP Commodore
Thanks Norti
are the electrics on the VP models a bit on the dodgy side? as this one needs work to get a few things working again.
what size fuel tank would this car have seeing its got BT1 bits?
BT1 tag.jpg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Thanks Norti
are the electrics on the VP models a bit on the dodgy side? as this one needs work to get a few things working again.
what size fuel tank would this car have seeing its got BT1 bits?
View attachment 225282
They are 30yrs old, plenty of dodgy electrics to be expected now. My VP BT1 has the long range tank. Not sure if it was standard fitment on the 5L BT1s, but most I have seen are long range when 5L. The V6 tended to get the standard tank

Mine has the SS interior, what did you get?

Meanmachine72

Reaction score
Members Ride
LJ XU-1 / VP Commodore
nice.. wish mine was like that, thinking my interior be GMH poverty pack trim, do you know how many litres the small and big tanks hold?,
In last pic of door jam seems to be some sort of tape, passenger side dont have it, would this be something GMH installed on back door jams?

Attachments

• DSC01224.JPG
    DSC01224.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01228.JPG
    DSC01228.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC01225.JPG
    DSC01225.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC01230.JPG
    DSC01230.JPG