Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much for respray?

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
just want to know how much it would cost to get my vs wagon resprayed to a plane color not a pearl or metallic and where abouts is a good place to go in melb cheers

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
cost comes down to how much prep the paint shop does, brand/quality of paint used, quality of paint job etc. i've heard of some people finding a backyard painter who does a pro job for peanuts, and some unfortunate others who pay top dollar for **** work.

if you can strip/prep/reassemble the car yourself i'd say it'll dramatically lower the cost

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
ive had a price for a closed door respray in the same colour,it was $3,000. I'd say in normal standard paint would be a few hundred less.

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
i would do alot of sanding my self and strip body readt for spray i know they would still do a bit of sanding any one know any places around melb

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
To do a proper repaint the body needs to be taken back to bare metal and prepared for the primer coat.

A good paint job taken back to bare metal and done in quality 2 pack paint will cost around $10,000.

Unless you have an exceptional car it's not worth doing. You will not get your money back. On a VS wagon it's not worth spending the money. You are much better off selling the car and spending the money on a better car that does not need an expensive paint job.

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
To do a proper repaint the body needs to be taken back to bare metal and prepared for the primer coat.

A good paint job taken back to bare metal and done in quality 2 pack paint will cost around $10,000.

Unless you have an exceptional car it's not worth doing. You will not get your money back. On a VS wagon it's not worth spending the money. You are much better off selling the car and spending the money on a better car that does not need an expensive paint job.

i never intend on getting rid of car im keeping it for ever any way and for 10.000 i can get a pearlecent paint job my uncle does them for 5500 so 10.000 i would never pay and i have owend many of cars and vs wagon is the only one i realy like

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride

There are 2 ways of doing it. One is the bare metal respray you are talking about where the is a **** load of prep work including sand blasting which i think is quite tough on the wallet (correct me if im wrong on that).

And then there is the cheaper (dont get me wrong a good shop will do and excellent job) over lay ( i think its called that). Which is when they just sand it back a bit and then paint it. If you are getting a completely different colour and take this option the old colour will show if you happen to get any stone chips or anything like that.

I have had one whole side of my car resprayed (some bitch keyed it) in the same colour (white) inlcuding the hood, trunk and colour coded side mirrors. It cost me $850 and the shop did a damd good job too.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i never intend on getting rid of car im keeping it for ever any way and for 10.000 i can get a pearlecent paint job my uncle does them for 5500 so 10.000 i would never pay and i have owend many of cars and vs wagon is the only one i realy like

So if you know the answer why are you asking us..?

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
becouse im looking around at diferent prices and ways to get it done its already white and i just want it white again

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
If yr uncle in the business just ask him to hook you up