Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much fuel can u fit in??

Wokka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hey I have a vx wagon, fairly stock cept for the tint, wheels n Fe2 but today i was at the servo fillin up and a mate had told me u can fit in an extra 10-15 litres after the pump initially clicks. I put in up to 80 something (84 i think) and the tank is 75. I was too scared to put any more in coz it already cost over 100 bucks and I didnt want to waste a drop thru the overflow.
So basically I wanna know how much extra u can put in after the pump clicks off???
Cheers,
WokA

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
10-15 is a lot over the tanks limit. I have only put in 4 litres over the click once because 1 time it spat back out at me. Normally when it clicks i just run it to the nearest dollar and then close it up. you have to remember being an oil the level in you tank will vary. hot higher, cold lower.

V

VX_KN079

ashtray1 said:
10-15 is a lot over the tanks limit. I have only put in 4 litres over the click once because 1 time it spat back out at me. Normally when it clicks i just run it to the nearest dollar and then close it up. you have to remember being an oil the level in you tank will vary. hot higher, cold lower.

I always fill up until I can see the petrol at the threaded part the cap screws into and it doesn't drain away. Most I ever put in was 80 litres. Remember fuel tank cap. (75 litres) doesn't include fuel line or the tube that goes from the petrol cap to the tank.

That's why you never fill up when it's hot - less petrol for same dollars. In summer I only ever fill up before 8am on the way to work.