Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much is my car worth???

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
DAN SHEEDY said:
I just want something with a bit more power.:driving:

Ive thought about souping up the 202 a bit, but once I start doing stuff to it, it might turn costly... most of the stuff under the hood is 25 years old and putting some newer stuff under there..... it might not like it much.:ranting:

Ive also thought about a V6 comversion, but yet again it would cost me more than the cars worth to do it. so I am just getting an idea of what its worth to sell. Or weather Im better off keeping it and doing some engine work.
yeh i no how u feel, i also want more power but also wanna keep my vk coz its in pretty good condition, but also vk's are more common and probably arent worth as much, im thinking of just keeping it how it is until i find a nice car that i like and then maybe upgrade, but also i find most cars around the vs range that im interested in arent anywhere near as good condition as mine, so i think i might have to stay with wot ive got for a while

my guess with the price is that clinster is probably about right 3-4 grand

with a car in as good condition as yours i'd probably keep it and do it up, you could also take it 2 a couple of local car shows

DANVSUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I have also thought about getting a VS. but I like the older models better for some reason... I think its because they look and sound tough "with extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust on the 202 they do anyway" haha.

But a VS has alot more HP. than my VC.....
So you can see why I am a bit confused in what to do.

Regarding local car shows, Did you read that I live in Launceston Tas..........:whistling
Im not sure that there is many shows down here,
I recon Id need a bit more doing to it before I put it in a show anyway.

I was going to use a vynal dye that someone on this fourm recomended, to make all the tan colour interior Black and make it look even more different. but when I really looked at how much actually would need to be taken out and dyed, it was going to be too big of a job for me to do.