Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much oil is in the M6 gen3 gearbox

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
how much oil is in the M6 gen3 gearbox

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
4.4 litres approx(depending wether gearbox is completely empty) of dextron III or equivalent. recomended to apply loctite or similar to fill plug

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
oil

cheers guys yeah its 4.4l was looking at getting now nulon gearbox they alwya make it hard by only making it in 1L and 4L bottles oh well thanks guys

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
Fill to the bottom of the fill plug and replace that, then remove the reverse switch and fill with another 400ml - 500ml. Some say 400 some say 500 but its not really that critical IMHO

Not sure how much that is in total though. I think from memory its 4L to the bottom of the main fill plug

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
How do you fill your gearbox? Will have to do mine soon. Is there some sort of small hand pump you can buy? There's no way in hell of getting the spout of a measuring jug/oil can etc in there. When I did the oil in the aussie 4 speed in my VC I managed to balance the oil container in the engine bay and ran a tube from the container into the filler hole on the gear box and siphoned it in. It was slow and messy though and I'd rather not try it again.