Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$how much$ pics inc.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Nice car mate, Id say you would get $5000 fairly easy, maybe even $5,500 but yeah as Scooter said, id prob advertise ti for about 6 grand, if thats the sorta price you were after

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
:whistling I think others are telling you $2K because maybe they want it for themselves.

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
:whistling I think others are telling you $2K because maybe they want it for themselves.

Thats seriously the most stupidest thing i have heard.. im saying what i said because thats what i think its worth... and that was what the question was :thumbsup:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Thats seriously the most stupidest thing i have heard.. im saying what i said because thats what i think its worth... and that was what the question was :thumbsup:

Thats why I asked Matt if the paint and body work was all original. A sound system and wheels wont add value to a car but a car with original paint with no scratches or oxidation shows that it has been looked after. In my book that will add value. He might not get $6000 but at least it will give him some room to bargain. I tend to find that redbook seems to undervalue cars a bit too.

Last edited:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
If people are going to ask for ideas of what their car is worth they need to be prepared to get various answers. A VP like that would go for somewhere around $2500 here, maybe more elsewhere etc etc. Different places will get different values.

Doesn't matter where you are i find it hard to believe those wheels would be worth 2k. Comment in haste maybe?

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
Thats why I asked Matt if the paint and body work was all original. A sound system and wheels wont add value to a car but a car with original paint with no scratches or oxidation shows that it has been looked after. In my book that will add value. He might not get $6000 but at least it will give him some room to bargain. I tend to find that redbook seems to undervalue cars a bit too.

The car has lowish kms which would help the sale. The car is also a "hsv" which would make people more intrested so they can say they own a "hsv"
In SA i would value that car from looking at the pictures anywhere from 2,000 to 3,000, Not because I want the car for myself I have had enough VN/VP's as it is....

The redbook says a 1993 HOLDEN COMMODORE VP II SS Sedan 4dr Man 5sp 5.0i is cheaper haha..

Well thats my opinion which was asked dont wanna start arguments :thumbsup:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
its a vp???? no way he will get 6 for it, u can get VTs retail for 7

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
its a vp???? no way he will get 6 for it
To all the people saying "it's just a VP and couldn't be worth more than $2k":

Are any of you aware that this is an extremely rare car?

There were fewer than 70 (SEVENTY) VP Series II HSV Formula Commodores made.

I'd be putting all the original gear back on it and advertising it on an enthusiast website. You could possibly even contact HSV about advertising it for you.