Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$how much$ pics inc.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
You live in Melbourne.. which is good.

Although I agree with clixanup's advice because it's a rare car.. I reckon wait a few months. Wait until these new laws come in forbidding all new P platers from driving V8s and Turbos. IMO there'll be huge interest in having a nice 6 and you'll likely have a lot more interest than if you sell it any time soon (though you'll still get interest you might be able to get a better price if you wait it out)

That's all of coarse just my opinion. New laws come in July 1st.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Wait until these new laws come in forbidding all new P platers from driving V8s and Turbos.
We already have those laws in Vic. Have had for many years. P platers are limited to cars with less than 125kw/tonne or with engines smaller than 3.5 litres/tonne.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
Thanx guys, haha didnt realise it would bring up so much conflict! As to some of the questions, rims and tires were $1800, not rims alone...i didnt want 20"s as they are illegal and being a commodore it brings enough attention to itself as it is. It is the original paint job and has next to no blemishes at all. I understand that some of u guys are sayin its a vp why pay that much but like others have mentioned only 70 were made and its in immaculate condition. I intend on putting the 15" original HSV rims back on when i sell to keep it in its original state.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Sorry, I never knew about the 3.5 litre/ton restriction, but surely this car would be over, VP's pretty heavy? Even like a VY calais 6 would be wouldn't it? Or am I severely confused lol

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
vp's are lighter than vy's lol......about 1400-1450 kilo's for the vp and like 1600-1650 for a vy exec

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
We already have those laws in Vic. Have had for many years. P platers are limited to cars with less than 125kw/tonne or with engines smaller than 3.5 litres/tonne.

so you mean i could drive a 1984 model f150 with a 5.4 litre in it legally???:yeah:
that would be sweet cos those things get up and boogey for a tank

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Seats are HSV formula, look at dash badge, just stuck there, its not a hsv steering wheel, looks like its been resprayed an formula stuck on the side aswell.

rims are bob jane t mart special at the moment $149 a rim.

Cheers
MaT

EDIT:

Formulas have calais digital trip dashes aswell...

EDIT:

Does it have HSV plates in the engine bay?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Seats are HSV formula, look at dash badge, just stuck there, its not a hsv steering wheel, looks like its been resprayed an formula stuck on the side aswell.

rims are bob jane t mart special at the moment $149 a rim.

Cheers
MaT

EDIT:

Formulas have calais digital trip dashes aswell...

EDIT:

Does it have HSV plates in the engine bay?

Oooo... Good point! Well???

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Juzza said:
Sorry, I never knew about the 3.5 litre/ton restriction, but surely this car would be over, VP's pretty heavy? Even like a VY calais 6 would be wouldn't it? Or am I severely confused lol
VPs weigh somewhere aroud 1400 to 1500 kg. Worst case they're 2.7 litres per tonne. Using the same methodology for a VY yields 2.4 litres per tonne.
Peanuts Inc. said:
so you mean i could drive a 1984 model f150 with a 5.4 litre in it legally???
Provided it is below both the 125kw/tonne and 3.5 litres/tonne threshholds, yes.

Old V8 Statesmans are popular with P platers here, because they are one of the few V8s P platers are legally allowed to drive.