Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Much Should i Pay for a Vs

10571z

Reaction score
im looking for my first car and looking to get a vs. I was wondering how much you should pay. Id like any model prefer under 200,000kms. Anyone could tell me what i should look for. How many kms i should get under. What i should pay. ANy tips really cheers

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey Mate

Most VS range from $3000 - $6000, my mate got one about a month ago for $4500, with 130 000 on the clock, and that was from a dealer as well, so if you look around you should pick up a nice one for about $4000.

This is in WA aswell not sure about other states

How much are you looking at spending, becasue VT's are becoming pretty cheap atm, you could pick on up for 5k these days if you look around ?

10571z

Reaction score
Oh ok cool. Sounds lucky. im from victoria. and have about 5000 to spend. Only mods i want are just rims and lowered. Any know any good places to find one.

ive tried

carsales.com.au
carsguide.com.au
drive.com.au
carpoint.com.au
tradingpost.com.au

I wanted a vt but they seems to cost a bit much but for 5000 grand i would love it. How much would u bargain a car down advertised for say 5000 down to? Anyone know any big car dealers or anything cheers

crawfy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
You could by a VT for 5k but it'll have been worked. If you want a commodore I'd personally look for a decent VS, older but less kms and better condition for a similar price. Go private if you can, price is usually lower and it may be easier to haggle the price down depending on the owner.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Yes damez is correct in SA for a really nice low km VS looking around 6,000 + but that is for a really nice one like say non exec, but im sure you could probably pick up the same but for less in VIC if you search around hard and dont buy the first one you see just cos you think there wont be anything better around. It takes about 4-6 cars to make up your choice, as that was the case for me and my VS S.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Keep an eye on those websites you posted and also in the newspaper and sooner or later you will find something you like. As the others have said you should be able to pick up a half decent VS for $5000.

Super Coach makes a good point about not buying the first one you see. I know what its like when you are getting a new car and just want to buy something straight away, but it is worth waiting and making sure you are happy with your choice.

10571z

Reaction score
Hey. Thanks for all the replys. Im pretty cut i left getting a car so late (going for my p's tommoz on my birthday) but yeh ive only checked out one. Seemed alrite had been thrased as the driver was wog x skyline driver and was ripping skids with us in it. He then wouldnt get a roadworthy for me even though i offered to pay and insisted i should buy it off him and get it myself it would pass no problem wasnt keen to take that risk. But yeh i might be checking a calias out this week.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey. Thanks for all the replys. Im pretty cut i left getting a car so late (going for my p's tommoz on my birthday) but yeh ive only checked out one. Seemed alrite had been thrased as the driver was wog x skyline driver and was ripping skids with us in it. He then wouldnt get a roadworthy for me even though i offered to pay and insisted i should buy it off him and get it myself it would pass no problem wasnt keen to take that risk. But yeh i might be checking a calias out this week.

Hey Mate

Yeah i wouldnt be to worry about rushing it, it took me 3 months after getting my P's, to find my first car, becasue i wanted a VY S manual, in hothouse green, though i dont regret waiting one bit now, though yeah, like others have said just look around 24/7 and you should find a nice one,

Oh yeah good luck tomoro in ya test, for ya P's