Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Much Should i Pay for a Vs

10571z

Reaction score
Wow ages u waited. Im hoping to check and buy one this weekend. About to leave for my p's. I want to get one before exams (year12) as theres heeps of like trip to and from school ill need to take and would be way easier. But yeh. Im not fussed about colour or anything just somthing that runs well. How many kms under should i look for?

jesterofseven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Well, my motor has only just broken in 100,000kms, its 12 years old now. Greatly looked after, mechanic family, I honestly wouldnt part with mine for anything less than $9000.

As for your budget, $5000 you'll get a nice first car, being holdens are awesome. Just make sure you dont get a dud, look for rust under the boot lid and rubber seals, also around the doors, etc etc. You'd be looking for a car with mileage in the range of 100,000km (rare) to 160,000km (common).

10571z

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips man. I passed my p's no problem. Deffintly know why theres so many deaths and crashes it was stupidly easy the test. But yeh might check a few out this weekend :)!

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Wow ages u waited. Im hoping to check and buy one this weekend. About to leave for my p's. I want to get one before exams (year12) as theres heeps of like trip to and from school ill need to take and would be way easier. But yeh. Im not fussed about colour or anything just somthing that runs well. How many kms under should i look for?

Hey Mate

Yeah didnt rush it, i got yr12 exams in like 2 or so weeks too, what subjects you doing mate ??

10571z

Reaction score
Hey yeh im doing

infomation technology
Infomatim processing managment
Music Tech Production
English

and i did media last year

i didnt really try this year. Probably doing like a trade next year. How bout u?

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey yeh im doing

infomation technology
Infomatim processing managment
Music Tech Production
English

and i did media last year

i didnt really try this year. Probably doing like a trade next year. How bout u?

Hey Mate

Maths
English
Human Bio
Economics

Yeah thats like me i didnt do enough work for it aye, how you go in your mock exams ??

10571z

Reaction score
Yeh not bad im a fair computer nerd haha so its sorta easy. Just want a car soo badd. heeps of crew are going for a cruise tomoz ill be a passanger! worst eyy

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yeh not bad im a fair computer nerd haha so its sorta easy. Just want a car soo badd. heeps of crew are going for a cruise tomoz ill be a passanger! worst eyy

Yeah i no that feeling hahaha, though dont buy the first one you see, theres plenty around, just look at half a dozen if you want to buy one this weekend, then pick one, or better still, be patient lol and look around to you find one that best suits you.

You dont wonna get one, then in a few months have to spend $$$ repairing it, make sure you get RAC inspection or private mechanic to look at it before you purchase one

10571z

Reaction score
Yeh deffintly gunna get the racv check. Then a few other checks which verfies the ownership of the car and tells you about any write off crashes or stolen claims on the vechiel.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yeh deffintly gunna get the racv check. Then a few other checks which verfies the ownership of the car and tells you about any write off crashes or stolen claims on the vechiel.

oh yeah kewl, well good luck, keep us posted, btw congrats on getting ya P's