Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much "should" it cost to install springs into my car

blackstripes

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega
hey all,
im thinking about buying springs off ebay and getting them installed by suspension mob. how much should it cost for me to take my car and a set of king springs to them and just them to install it? i tried searching but nothing came up. thanks guys

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Takes a competant mechanic approx 80-90 minutes to change springs and shocks on a ve. Then you need to do a wheel alignment after

blackstripes

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega
oh mate i can change a tyre and changed my exhaust system myself haha. dont think id be able to do springs though

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
supply and fit with wheel alignment afterwards about $600-700. Shop around... some will try and charge you almost $1000.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Only change them yourself if you have the right gear ie, spring compressors. I did mine at home and they were pretty easy to do.
If you're just looking for fitment then probably around 200-300 with an alignment.

Davess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6 Manual
Had mine done 3 months ago, $470 Supplied and fitted with wheel alignment. Pedders SL's all round. Shop around for a good deal! Prices ranged from $450 (No Alignment) to $990... (In WA of course)

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did mine myself, but I was quoted $350 supplied and fitted. Pedders springs. You can change to lowered shocks when the ones you have get worn. I never went with lowered shocks though and its still a comfy ride.

Also anyone who says your springs will "fall out" if you dont have lowered shocks are just retards lol.