Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much "should" it cost to install springs into my car

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
I want my ve ute to sit 20-25mm lower in the rear, so I've been looking at springs only e.g. Kings SL (lows). I can get the springs for $130 (2), but fitment will cost $450 (wheel alignment not included) - that's powertorque. Called pedders and they tried to sell me a $2.5k coilover system... errr no.

Anybody know who can install on the cheap in brisbane?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
cost me $750 supplied and fitted and wheel alignment for Walkinshaw springs in the Clubby

nat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore
hi guys i just bought this vp as you can see the guys b4 me have lowed the car way tomuch will springs off of a vp ss fit a stock vp ? and if so what ya reckon it will cost too get them fitted

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I did my SS last year for about $80 all up on pedders SL. Picked up the whole set for $50 and $30 for compressors.

nat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore
and also if the front is lowered does it usualy make the stering alittle harder

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I did mine myself, but I was quoted $350 supplied and fitted. Pedders springs. You can change to lowered shocks when the ones you have get worn. I never went with lowered shocks though and its still a comfy ride.

Also anyone who says your springs will "fall out" if you dont have lowered shocks are just retards lol.

So you saw some poor ####er driving along going about his day and suddenly his springs just. . . fell out?

If you don't know what your talking about don't give false advise as yes to low of a spring can fall out no not all lowered springs will and no not driving down a normal road will cause it but when the suspension has to deal with a rough road or even strep driveway it will have to much travel in the shock to hold the car onto yhe spring not that hard to work out really even front springs can come out then they wind themselves down the strut into ya tyre and yes I have seen this with my own eyes and no I'm not blind.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's really no harder than doing brake pads etc. You just need a set of spring compressors and patience. With a socket set it will take you half a day.

In nz you can get supply and fit for $550 nzd, 1000aud is rediculous!

Springs can only fall out if they're not captive. If there not captive there not road legal, and you need shortened shocks to make them so. Basically if you jack the body of the car up (full suspension travel) and the spring doesn't move it won't fall out.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
good comments in the above post. I wouldnt pay $1000 but $750 seems to be the norm. Its what Pedders quoted and what Walkinshaw installed them for.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Performance suspension goldcoast, see chris, good service and price, Dave and Rob from Pedders slacks creek generally pretty good on service price etc,

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dave's a mate and Rob certainly knows the industry so I recommend them