Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how much would i get for this.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
hey guys think its time i move on from the vr. just wondering how much would i get for it (private sale or trade in). gonna use the trading post template easiest way i think

ITEM: dark blue/purple vr sedan

YEAR: 94 vr might be a 93 cant remember ill look later (and build month if possible)

SERIES: vr series one

BADGE: Executivet

ENGINE: v6. rebuilt 30k ago gotta look to see if thats correct only done like 8k a year since rebuild
TRANSMISSION: Auto- was rebuilt along with the engine.

COLOUR: dark blue/purple not sure of colour code. any way of finding out

CONDITION: very clean. rarely smoked in. stone chips and that on the front as expected, always looked after.

ODOMETER: from memory its 175.xxx

REGO TILL: Oct 08

RWC: can one be organised

PRICE:looking for 10k with stereo or 8 without. fairly firm

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: can deliver it to franga or meet someone there.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD

CONTACT DETAILS: , PM, Email,(pm me for email address)

OTHER INFO: engine has had custom work done to the crank and heads, the cam has been modified but not sure with what, it not on the paper ill get the engine rebuiler to find out. reason why i want so much is because its got a jvc dvd player, set of alpine splits in the parcel, set of pioneer splits in the doors. 2 cvr 12's in the boot. power by a dd 4 channel amp and a 2 channel

theres a fire exhtinguisher in the boot that has been mounted.
comes with a haymon reese towbar. got some other stuff like chrome trims and that.

PICTURES: if u want.

so yeah u guys think thats a bit much? not trying to sell it or anything just after a price or am i asking too much?(mods if this is in the wrong place.... my bad)

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
hey guys think its time i move on from the vr. just wondering how much would i get for it (private sale or trade in). gonna use the trading post template easiest way i think

ITEM: dark blue/purple vr sedan

YEAR: 94 vr might be a 93 cant remember ill look later (and build month if possible)

SERIES: vr series one

BADGE: Executivet

ENGINE: v6. rebuilt 30k ago gotta look to see if thats correct only done like 8k a year since rebuild
TRANSMISSION: Auto- was rebuilt along with the engine.

COLOUR: dark blue/purple not sure of colour code. any way of finding out

CONDITION: very clean. rarely smoked in. stone chips and that on the front as expected, always looked after.

ODOMETER: from memory its 175.xxx

REGO TILL: Oct 08

RWC: can one be organised

PRICE:looking for 10k with stereo or 8 without. fairly firm

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: can deliver it to franga or meet someone there.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD

CONTACT DETAILS: , PM, Email,(pm me for email address)

OTHER INFO: engine has had custom work done to the crank and heads, the cam has been modified but not sure with what, it not on the paper ill get the engine rebuiler to find out. reason why i want so much is because its got a jvc dvd player, set of alpine splits in the parcel, set of pioneer splits in the doors. 2 cvr 12's in the boot. power by a dd 4 channel amp and a 2 channel

theres a fire exhtinguisher in the boot that has been mounted.
comes with a haymon reese towbar. got some other stuff like chrome trims and that.

PICTURES: if u want.

so yeah u guys think thats a bit much? not trying to sell it or anything just after a price or am i asking too much?(mods if this is in the wrong place.... my bad)

Hey Mate

To be honest i think your asking a bit too much, even though you have spend lot of $ on fixing it up (engine etc), its still 13 years old, and most people will rather spend 8 - 10k on a newer car eg VS or VT, though put it in the paper for 10k and just go down a grand every couple of weeks, thats what i would do, anyway good luck selling it mate

Seems like a good buy, if someones looking for a reliable car etc

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
Looks to me like you are asking way to much i picked up a vs with 170xxxkms on it for 3 grand in fairly good cond and 5 months rego so you would be looking at around 4 or 5 grand anything above that you would be able to buy a vt or even vx for these days.

Mitch

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
mate mine sounds exactly like urs except mine is a december 94 s pack. dvd player subs and splits all that jazz. lowered professionly and 18's. mate i got mine for 5500. so 10 is bit steap if u ask me, u dont price ya car on ya stereo, thats how they get knicked.

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
Mate you would be lucky to get $4000 your dreaming at 10. At the end of the day its a vr with nothing that special

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Todays values, from an evaluator for a mint condition VS and low kms (100k-200k) yes its not VR but for comparison reasons. i tried to peek at the VR prices, they where about $500 cheaper

VS calais is valued at $6500
VS acclaim is valued at $5500
VS Exec is valued at $4500-$5000

what gives ur car "value" (market): spoilers, mags, leather interior, power options like mirrors & windows, rare paint colors.

what gives ur car "value" (younger crowd): mags, upgraded interiors, power options, audio equipment, engine mods, exterior mods, ie body kits

i too, believe its too high, i have mates that have had VS SS for just under 10, with power mods, and upgraded audio equipement. put it in at that price, the worst that happens is u dont sell it, and u slowly drop the price, and u'll see interest start to grow. i know its hard to hear, but from what "young blokes" see and market value of ur car, its a fair difference.

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
Man i brought a vs exec on 11-10-07...206000k's...dark blue good rego,good tyres....$3200.....truth is no one gives a rat's a#se about what you've done to the thing, cause if its 2nd hand, it's just 2nd hand...AND THATS THAT. You may get 5 grand if ur lucky. Maybe u could insure it 4 twelve grand and get a mate to make it dissapear,,,BUT i think thats illegal...lol..

clyde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon
i know a few people who have done the dissapearing act. works pretty well, police dont give a rats arse about a stolen car, and all you do is dump it down the creek or somthin, also u get to take everything out of it you want to keep and still get full price. disapearing act is pretty good value.

^of course i was making it all up:whistling