Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How secure are our VEs?

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
I dont know about VE's but the older models were quite simple using a gentle manipulator and TECH2- I used to work for Holden also.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Either that or an ideal solution would be to have 3 CIA and 3 FBI agents watching over the car at all times whilst your away... then again this isn't a perfect world where we live in... As I don't have a dog a cat would be no better either.

Sounds like a plot for the next Jason Bourne movie!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I dont know about VE's but the older models were quite simple using a gentle manipulator and TECH2- I used to work for Holden also.

wtf is a gentle manipulator? Sounds like something you send an apprentice off to fetch hahaha

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
hahahahhaha

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Guys, seriously, you deserve what you get if you are driving around a VE and dont have it insured for its full value. As mentioned above, thats what insurance is for.

I have no doubt that the security in VE's is a hell of a lot better than the older models, but if a pro wants it, they'll get it that's for sure.

Best advice is to 1) check that your insurance policy is upto date and covers the car for any added extras, 2) lock the car when you leave it, and 3) use common sense!

I've found the biggest problem with common sense is that it is not that common!

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
wtf is a gentle manipulator? Sounds like something you send an apprentice off to fetch hahaha

It was a bit of a joke, I was not going to elaborate on how to steal a commodore. Thats all the information people need to know.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
No (NO) vehicle is 'theft proof'. With the right equipment, anything is possible.