Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to blow 5k on a VN S1?

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
800 for new shocks springs n bushes?? **** thats cheap, it cost me 1000 for new shocks and springs all fitted, havent even got the bushes done yet

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
800 for new shocks springs n bushes?? **** thats cheap, it cost me 1000 for new shocks and springs all fitted, havent even got the bushes done yet
Yeah my shocks and springs were over $1K.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah, was the equal cheapest quote I could get, but the other equal quote was for skinnier tyres and they didnt sell the lock nuts I wanted. Wheels, tyres, lock nuts, wheel alignment, wheel balancing and whitewalls.
I paid $3K for VY Sigs, Falken tyres, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, lock nuts, chrome valves. Keeping in mind HSV wheels are rediculusly over priced.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I paid $3K for VY Sigs, Falken tyres, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, lock nuts, chrome valves. Keeping in mind HSV wheels are rediculusly over priced.

I got chrome valves too, your lock nuts are probably just basic ones though? I got the gorilla guard ones which rrp at around $100. They have the ones with the outer cover that just spins so sockets etc. can't get them off.

Whether they are HSV rims or not you still paid more than me yet you're saying I paid too much for rims? :p

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I got chrome valves too, your lock nuts are probably just basic ones though? I got the gorilla guard ones which rrp at around $100. They have the ones with the outer cover that just spins so sockets etc. can't get them off.

Whether they are HSV rims or not you still paid more than me yet you're saying I paid too much for rims? :p
Gorrllas here mate, they ordered them in for me. I paid the same as you with a more expensive rim.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
No... You paid:
"$3200 with Falken tyres. I'm good mates with the manager at a Bob Jane normally they would cost you around $200-300 more."

I paid:
"Close to 3k"

Which means you paid about half a grand more than me...

And for the record... Bob Janes wanted like $3500 for my rims at Modbury. But this isn't relevant to the thread.. I've said my peice and probably come across more defensive than I wanted to so I should probably stop here before im taken the wrong way.. :thumbsup:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
No... You paid:
"$3200 with Falken tyres. I'm good mates with the manager at a Bob Jane normally they would cost you around $200-300 more."

I paid:
"Close to 3k"

Which means you paid about half a grand more than me...

And for the record... Bob Janes wanted like $3500 for my rims at Modbury. But this isn't relevant to the thread.. I've said my peice and probably come across more defensive than I wanted to so I should probably stop here before im taken the wrong way.. :thumbsup:
$3200 was with 245's which I didnt end up getting so it cost me $3000 exactly. But meh were both happy so who cares!

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
fvkc me. well maybe not. start another thread i think..
with 5000, what to do.. when i had my first vn, it was a dark blue v6 auto, i put a touring car front (one of the smaller ones) and senitor skirts, and rear bumper, and a stupid GTS/R wing, which looked fvkcen stupid (i wish i didn't put it on) then i bought a 2.5 inch exhaust (didn't like the v6 drone, but still, it was better than stock) and tinted the windows. i think the body kit was 1100. second hand but never used, the exhaust was about 300 and the windows were 250 i think.. that made the car look so much better.
what did you want to do to improve the car. you really haven't given much info. do you want it to go harder, or are you happy with it the way it goes? other things you could do is maybe put calais or statesman interior in it. a calais/statesman dash, cruise. all these things can be done cheap it you can do them yourself. otherwise it will cost you a ****load.. if you look on ebay you could pick up a cheap set of 16's or 17's with tyres for under 500.