Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Disable VE Seatbelt Alarm

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
do a search on here for disable seat belt chime. its listed.

Slipn n Slidn

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Manual VE SV6 Ute
Is the seatbelt alarm running through a seperate speaker system to the cars audio?
If so can you rip out this speaker so do the light still works?

ozburb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Some of the taxi drivers get an old seatbelt tongue from the wreckers and insert it into the latch as a dummy.

bob builder

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
i havent read thru 11 pages of answers, so dont shoot me if i am repeating something someone else has mentioned.
I swapped series 1 seats into a series 2 and found the passenger seat from the series 1 has 2 plugs and the series 2 has 4 plugs, the extra 2 plugs were to recognise if there was a passenger and if the seat belt was used.
when i put the series 1 passenger seat into the series 2 car, this feature was removed.
so maybe 2 of the 4 plugs under the drivers seat do exactly the same thing.
If so it might be as simple as unplugging the 2 plugs under the drivers seat. ( the 4 plugs are colour coded in pairs but i cant remember which colour was the pair that were tied to the seat belt alarm)
Someone on here might know the answer to this.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
i havent read thru 11 pages of answers, so dont shoot me if i am repeating something someone else has mentioned.
I swapped series 1 seats into a series 2 and found the passenger seat from the series 1 has 2 plugs and the series 2 has 4 plugs, the extra 2 plugs were to recognise if there was a passenger and if the seat belt was used.
when i put the series 1 passenger seat into the series 2 car, this feature was removed.
If so it might be as simple as unplugging the 2 plugs under the drivers seat. ( the 4 plugs are colour coded in pairs but i cant remember which colour was the pair that were tied to the seat belt alarm)
Airbags are the problem with that.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore

See post 105. If you want to turn off the chime

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Disabling ABS - yes can be done !

Disabling Air Bags - yes can be done !!

Disabling brain - yes obviously can be done - don't ask me how though ;)