Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to findlitres to empty

VX_S_S/C_V6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C V6 SERIES II
can someone tell me how to find the litres to empty and litres /100km on a single window dash in a vx s series 11 supercharged

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
i dont think you have it only tripple window

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just install a calais instrument cluster, will fix all your problems

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Access the hidden computer and you can.. You can find the amount of litres in the tank and litres/100km..

Turn the car off and just put the key in (don't turn it)..
Press the down and mode buttons together and turn on your car
Press mode til you get to them..

V

VX_KN079

Actually, it's the UP and MODE buttons you need to press together to access the "hidden" computer functions. You can see litres left in the tank but only check this before you move the car (before you even put it into gear) and on a flat surface as it is VERY accurate. Also the litres per 100km read out you will get is only an instant one. There is no average one...

M

mikemutlow

I dont see how the digital readout of litres left in the tank can be any more accurate than the fuel gauge - since they must both be working form the same fuel level sender signal. The computer will not know how much fuel you put in the tank so it can't calculate fuel remaining from the (accurate)metered consumption readings and it therefore it must use the (not so accurate - even on the level) fuel gauge signal and convert this into a digital scale. Does anyone else agree?

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
i agree, because my gauge is playin up and the digital readout says the same as the dash gauge.

V

VX_KN079

VTPREDATOR said:
i agree, because my gauge is playin up and the digital readout says the same as the dash gauge.

Your dash guage is in litres left in the tank to the 10th of a litre? WOW! I got to get me one of those...

The digital one is more accurate simply because it is digital. There is no indication of how many litres are left on the analog needle guage PLUS because it's a guage it can't possibly be that accurate. Interestingly enough having never had a problem with the needle guage EVER last thursday after I filled up the needle didn't go all the way to full... Now when I fill up I REALLY fill up, like all the way to the fuel cap, I'm not a "first click and it's full guy" :D lol

So I turned the car off, went into the hidden menu, found the digital readout and it said 75 litres left. Meanwhile the analog needle was sitting just about three quarters. So yes, the digital readout is MUCH more accurate if for no other reason than IT IS DIGITAL!!!

M

mikemutlow

OK, I accept that the gauge itself will introduce another layer of innacuracy over and above the digital readout.
The point I was trying to make was that the signal which drives both of these readings is pretty suspect at the best of times - at least on my car!When my readout of 'kms till empty' (which is based on the fuel gauge sender signal and hence also the digital 'litres to empty') tells me I'm out of fuel, I always have at least 10 litres left in the tank.
A much more accurate way of determining the amount of fuel remaining is to look at the digital 'fuel used' reading, which I believe is computed from the amount of fuel delivered through the injectors, so this is fairly accurate, and to deduct this from the 75 litres which the tank holds (assuming you filled right up at the start) . A bit more complicated - but much more accurate I believe.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
VX_KN079 said:
Your dash guage is in litres left in the tank to the 10th of a litre? WOW! I got to get me one of those...

The digital one is more accurate simply because it is digital. There is no indication of how many litres are left on the analog needle guage PLUS because it's a guage it can't possibly be that accurate. Interestingly enough having never had a problem with the needle guage EVER last thursday after I filled up the needle didn't go all the way to full... Now when I fill up I REALLY fill up, like all the way to the fuel cap, I'm not a "first click and it's full guy" :D lol

So I turned the car off, went into the hidden menu, found the digital readout and it said 75 litres left. Meanwhile the analog needle was sitting just about three quarters. So yes, the digital readout is MUCH more accurate if for no other reason than IT IS DIGITAL!!!

pffft, your a real fkn knob.

when im nearly empty, the guage likes to play up saying its full. i go into the digital readout and it says 75L, so go figure ********.... its got nothing to do with analogue or digital as its still coming of the same friggin sender.:bop:

but..... driving a VE would have to be different tho hey????