Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to fit 20s lowered with no scrub?

STRIKE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo SV6
For all you boys and girls running 20" rims lowered ride hieght and the such what have you done to make them fit? I have pedders superlows all round, gaurds rolled and 225/35/20 tyres that scrub like buggery on the rear with even the slightest unjulation in the road surface. Im pretty sure its at the bit on the rear bumper but not 100%. Cheers

W45H1NGT0N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Note: I will not be held accountable for any injuries and/ or damage to your car as it is your decision and you will be the one held responsible as these are only sugestions.

hey,
ah ha, i think i see your problem, i have 20inch incubus paranormals which have a rediculously huge offset and lowered on SL's which means the wheels scrub like buggery. all i did was attack the rear bumper (plastic bit) where it joins the metal guard with an angle grinder, a dremel, severely roll the guards and it only scraped on the odd occasion when there was a fully load or a really big bump. next i got it lowered on SSL's and i ended up getting the part that attaches to the hub on the car machined down about 3mm and it very rarely scrubs at all.

i would recommened guard rolling, then modifying(cutting) the rear bumper/ guard, then if only your last resort get the rims machined and only a little bit like 1-3mm at the most, but this is illegal and highly unrecommended and could be unsafe and dangerous.

cheers,
George

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Id say your offset isnt ideal.

I have 20 x 8's 245's guards not rolled, tapped up a little in one small section and I only get very very minor scrapping with people in the back on large bumps

W45H1NGT0N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
sorry to hi-jack this thread,

yeh my offset is rediculous it's like 20p which with 8.5inch rims on 225/35r20 leaves about 5mm when parked but it looks wicked from behind cos the wheels stick out the sides alittle at the bottom and makes it look hell low and wide.

and yeh strike check your wheel offset and make sure it's as close to manufactures specs as possible, i think holden late models are about 48p

cheers