Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to fit sub in VR sedan boot

james_vrII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore II
I just got a 10 inch sub off a mate which came already in the box. At the moment it is just loose in the boot because i dont know where or how to mount it. does anyone have any suggestions or pics of what they have done?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
If u want to do it soo it wont move or easy to pinch, just go buy a couple L brackets n bolt them to the box and bottom of parcel shelf or back of the seats (metal part not the accual seat)

Or if u just want it to hold in place n make it easy to pul in n out just get sum ocky straps, i use em to hold my box's down as i dont want to have to unbolt em each time i need sum room. Ive got 4 straps that hold my box's in place n they dont move an inch.

There are plenty of ways to mount the box u just gotta think which way will suit ur needs better.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Heres mine. It's screwed to the boot from underneath. Thats a 12inch sub.
100_1203.jpg

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
um you know those big galvanised iron boxes tradies use? latches with the swiveling locks work a treat. will buy some this w/e hopefully.

james_vrII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore II
Thanks for the replies. I think i might use the L brackets so its out of the way

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
something simple nobody has mentioned is sticking a piece of MDF under the carpet and then screwing the sub box down into it so the carpet is sandwhiched between the sub box and piece of MDF under the carpet. holds things firm, isn't unsitely and requires minimal effort.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
um you know those big galvanised iron boxes tradies use? latches with the swiveling locks work a treat. will buy some this w/e hopefully.

Garfa, that is one of the best idea's, soo simple to use would do the job perfectly.

Bye Bye ocky straps hello tradey swivle locks...

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
wanna secure that sub box aye?

need to take it out sometimes or move it around, but want it all to look neat and tidy?

Velcro.

yeah, like those 80's shoes, VELCRO BABY!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
wanna secure that sub box aye?

need to take it out sometimes or move it around, but want it all to look neat and tidy?

Velcro.

yeah, like those 80's shoes, VELCRO BABY!

Yeah i totally agree with this, Ive got 12" Sony Sub in the boot attached by Velco, it will never move, and like Danny said, if you ever sell the car and they dont like bolts and **** in the back...VELCRO.