Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to get a road bike into and out of a ute.

paulmac272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Phantom Black Ute MY10 M6
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a CBR600R and was wondering how to get it in and out the back of my ute safely for track days. Has anyone found an easy way to do this? From what I've read the bike is 2040 mm long so it will fit from corner to corner with about 100 mm to spare.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
you will need 2 loading ramps (allways on special at Repco), 1 to wlk the bike up and 1 for you to walk upsteering the bike, the bike will be running and in first gear,when the bike is halfway in steer to the corner you want it in then drag the arse to the oposite corner, easiest to put front in right side and ar se of bike left rear,iv'e used this method for over 30 years and never dropped a bike, hope you can underatand this.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Mono at 40km/h, then just before the chassis hits the tailgate you slam on the brakes, causing an endo that lifts the rear of the bike onto the tray. Then, spin the arse around before it lands so you are ready to fly off the back of the ute when you want to take it off. Then as a final touch, when you dismount do a back flip and roll off the roof (without ever putting your feet on the tray) and land directly into the drivers seat through the window.

Please get a mate to You-Tube the video for us all to see it. :drink: