Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to have bimodals open permanently

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Most of you are probably already aware of this, but for those that aren't, there is a simple way to have the bimodal valves open permanently if you so choose. (rather than just at idle and above 3000rpm).

Behind the fuse cover (left rear of a wagon, not sure about sedan) is an array of relays etc, if you start the car, turn bimodals on, and then remove the relay ending in '128' below, the valves will remain open permanently.

(Note, I am not a mechanic, I am simply passing on what I have read and successfully tried for myself. I take no responsibility for any damage caused. All pics and descriptions are for information purposes only)

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Most of you are probably already aware of this, but for those that aren't, there is a simple way to have the bimodal valves open permanently if you so choose. (rather than just at idle and above 3000rpm).

Behind the fuse cover (left rear of a wagon, not sure about sedan) is an array of relays etc, if you start the car, turn bimodals on, and then remove the relay ending in '128' below, the valves will remain open permanently.

(Note, I am not a mechanic, I am simply passing on what I have read and successfully tried for myself. I take no responsibility for any damage caused. All pics and descriptions are for information purposes only)

Be interested to see what is actually happening via a wiring diagram.

Im *assuming* that when the following happens with the relay..
Relay engaged - bimodal closes
Relay disengaged - bimodal opens

If you turn the car off, then remove the relay.. and then turn car on.. are bimodals open or closed?

With a little bit of wiring.. could install a switch to the cabin to enable/disable this...
****, could go that step further and install a remote relay!

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
It's very easy... just make sure they are open and then pull the relay. Nothing else is attached to it.

There's already a thread about this on here.