Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install adjustable fuel pressure reg to vt super 6 fuel rail

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I apologise iam getting ready for inter cooling and am having trouble with lean outs so was just wanting to have an afpr in place for the up coming mods and psi upgrades.

I just think sometimes there is a lot more why questions asked than helpful answers to the questions asked so my apologies for snapping and all info is muchly appreciated. I did find some modified l67 fuel rails on the thrasher web site which comes with an afpr for $580

This cool mate..

The stock reg should be fine for you I have seen them used with very small pulleys and A2A coolers. The best turner in the country for tuning the L67 motor recommends the stock reg and hates the after market ones.
Yeah they have there place I guess if you need larger fuel lines but until that you don't need one.

If its leaning out there is a problem and a rising rate will likely only mask the problem and not fix it, unless your reg is stuffed that is.....

You have a few options on fuel rails with the l67 motor but what cooler are you going to run and if its an A2A cooler what brand is it.????
you can run YT rails and modifies VS rails off the NA ecotec motor.

what modes have you done so far?? you relay cant/shouldn't go past the 87mm pulley (10psi) without a tune if you have that's likely the cause of your "lean outs"

Chard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT s2 SS - t56
Thing to note is that the more information you can give initially the less questions will get asked and you will see good constructive answers,, people also like to have an understanding of what your doing to be able to give you the correct information so that you head in the right direction.

Let us know how you go and end up doing bud,, will be nice to find out what the finish product ends up like :D bol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
If running a MACE/FIT A2A plate you can try making some rail like this.

Rail and plate weld.jpg

Fair bit of work needed.

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
I have
Balance n blueprinted block
Double row timing chain
Xp hot cam
1.7.1 rockers
Ported heads
105 valve springs
Match ported inlet outlet
Match ported lim
10 psi pulley
Ported and polished supercharger
Ported and polished u bend
Yella terra snout up grade
Rebuilt 4l60e
Transgo stage 2 shift kit
Corvette servo

Still to come
Air to air inter cooler by mace eng
Ported air to air adapter plate
Tune by al Gibbs at injection connection
13 psi pulley to be installed on day of tune

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
You will need the fuel rail extenders with them and will likely need to make some custom mounts but they do look good

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
I spoke with them and they said apart from extenders they are a direct fit minus one fixing point which would need to be tapped but comes with afpr as part of the package