Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to install VY fog lights?

Bojangles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
Hi there,
i brought my parents some fog lights for their 2004 vy v6 'S' commodore for xmas.
After removing the small circle covers, for where the spot lights go, i have no idea how to hook them up, like where do i connect the wires so that they turn on when the head lamps are on high beam? I belive there are some wires behind the fog light covers.

the fog lights are narva compac 70.

So yeah, dont really know what im doing, so some help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
If the car doesn't have wiring installed, you'll have to make your own loom - quite simple. There should be a wiring diagram on the back of the packet.
There's a bit more info here if you want to use the original VY style switch.

FOG lights should be on their own switch and not wired into the high beam because having the high beam on (and/or low beam) will defeat the purpose of having fog lights - when driving in fog, you'll just have parkers and fog lights on.
If you use the VY headlight/fog light switch, you can turn off the low beam and just have the fog lights on.

petezor

i like icecream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
there should be a diagram, u have to run a relay . thats how i got mine put into my clubby bar. cheers pete.

gazzy11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
How to install VY Driving lights?

I need a diagram on installing driving lights on my '03 vy i have hooked it up as i have done on previous cars but this time when the headlights are turned off the driving lights stay on!!!! can anyone help thanks

agrocm

Reaction score
u said u wanna hook them up so when u have high beam on they turn on? that isnt really wat u want i would buy a new switch from holden with the fog light switch and wire them up i posted something about this about vz lights read that
cheers chris

agrocm

Reaction score
gazzy i say u have wired the lights up perminatly to a always on power source?

gazzy11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
thanks guys have sorted the problem it seems gm uses the earth switch system thanks for your input

jme2412

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
anyone wired up fogs for a vx s? happy to wire up my own relay and cable under the dash but wasn't sure if there is a harness under the bonnet ready to go if i bought oem ss fogs.
does someone have a wiring diagram i could use?

sahotadeep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.9
Hi i want to install fog lights in my VX S commodore. Lights mount are already there, just little bit confusing about electrical system and wiring. can u guys help me with this, i would b very appreciate fo ru r help.
thanx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The vx s and vy s series one you shoulg have the factory wiring there vy s series 2 you will have to make your own loom