Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to jack a VX, wrong way and the right way.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Edit: OIL CHANGE IS ALREADY COMPLETE. IT WAS FINISHED 2 HOURS AFTER THE THREAD WAS MADE, SO STOP ASKING.

About to change my oil, never had to jack and stand the car up before, just want to double check that everything's in order.

Better safe than sorry.

Unfortunately it's pretty high, and that's the lowest the stands car go, so i'm thinking i can't really get all the oil out.

rZCxLr2.jpg

wFNJNud.jpg

gQ2gIPN.jpg

Last edited:

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
not safe at all.
why not put the jack stands at the front of the car where it is easier to find a solid part of the car? The areas of the underbody that you have placed your jack stands are not a structural part of the car.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
why not put the jack stands at the front of the car?

At the moment the car is wayy too low. I couldn't even get a 75 mm Jack under there to Jack it up from the front so I had to Jack one side at a time and put the stands under then

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
yer the spot you have placed your jack stands is not much more than sheet metal. surprised you haven't pushed the floor in when you lowered the car onto the stands.

also put something behind the back wheels to stop the car rolling. would you stake your life on the holding power of the hand brake?

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
yer the spot you have placed your jack stands is not much more than sheet metal. surprised you haven't pushed the floor in when you lowered the car onto the stands.

also put something behind the back wheels to stop the car rolling. would you stake your life on the holding power of the hand brake?
Ok, wow. I just put the car back down, ****.

Yeah, I have chocks behind the back wheels.

Can I get some help to a proper jack stand position?

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Ideally at the front, but if that's not possible they need to be under something structural, like the chassis rail or something.
Ahhhk, where's that? lol

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
The two box sections running under the floor pan the length of the car.

Jack it up like you have (but with the stands placed better) then get the jack under the front crossmember to get more height, pull the stands out, place them under the front and lower onto them.

Reverse the above to put it back down.