Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to make a stock VT Sound Grunty

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
yeah...
I think they test it @ 30m with the revs @ 3000rpm....
Not entirely sure though...

even @ 3000rpm - sounds like a V8 even when idling - I am still surprised at the attention I am getting - screams "look at moi" - worse scenario ( cops look at me ) - still have the resonator lying in the garage in case I needed to put it back on - I hope not :)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
hahaha! yeah it turn a couple heads...

stockvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
`96 VS S2 Esteem 97 Vt Acclaim s1
I have a stock VT, the back muffler has been removed,and just runs a straight pipe to the tip (not by me, was like it when I bought it). It sounds very nice, especially in underground carparks. Have been told its illegal tho, dont know myself.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
On a stock system maybe you will scrape in... caus its not as bit as the 2.5 catback so abit quieter... i dunno honestly... jst educated guessing! :p

andyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Series 2
Hey everyone.
My first post on this forum and gotta say loving all the relevant info.
Didn't want to start 'another' exaust thread. Ive read this thread and just need a little bit of assurence that what i want will be okay. Ive got a black manual VT "S". Stock exept rims. As pretty much everyone else has said im looking at an exhaust that will be loud ideling, sound good when giving it some and not too droney. From reading over this thread i think the way to go is either

1.redback 2.5inch with straight threw muffler, no resignator and twin tips

OR

2. redback 2.5inch with straight threw muffler and resignator and twin tips

OR

3. redback 2.5inch without muffler and just resignator and twin tips.

Im thinking option 2 but worried it may be a bit quite.
Sorry about the 'repeated' question but i want to get the best sound>
Thanks all,
Andy

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
hey andy i have "option 2" sounds pretty good its stilla tad drony though. cost me 350 all done and installed

andyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Series 2
hey andy i have "option 2" sounds pretty good its stilla tad drony though. cost me 350 all done and installed

Thanks mate, does it have a note on idle? and when giving it 'some' does it sound good or does it sound dull and farty? Im considering geting extractors as well...just need to know a good exhaust place to go to. Im in the eastern suburbs of melb.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
I would never pay for installation for a cat-back system. All up is two bolts (attaching to the cat converter) and 4 speing clips to retain the rubber hangers. With a set of car ramps the whole swap takes about 20 minutes at home first time and gets faster each time!!

I have the 2.5 inch redback with resinator. Cost just over $200 including chrome tip, postage and warranty.

I have just installed extractors which improves the growl over 3000rpm. Very happy although I do have to put up with a drone at lower revs.