Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to make a stock VT Sound Grunty

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thanks mate, does it have a note on idle? and when giving it 'some' does it sound good or does it sound dull and farty? Im considering geting extractors as well...just need to know a good exhaust place to go to. Im in the eastern suburbs of melb.

Im wondering about that to,

Also...
If a exhaust states it is made for a 5.7L even tho it still says 2.5inch will it still be ok and give it the roar i want?

Ive been doing some ebay hunting and found this...

EBAY 1:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAT-BACK-EXH...QQihZ005QQcategoryZ130633QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I take it the big thing near the pipes is a resonator? Heck i aint even sure. will it even go on my VT :embarrass :eek:

If this is just rubbish can somebody point me in the right direction to a reliable exhaust shop that will fit my vt up with some thing nice? I am in Victoria, north eastern suburbs.

anyway cheers fellas

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Talk to VYCHRISSO he has a 5.7 HSV exhaust on his VY ecotec from what i remember...

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
OK cheers, i spoke to my dad about putting on a 2.5 straight threw pipe and he reckns it would be REALLY loud and i would get done for it instantly, then i asked about having a Resonator on the back, and he reckens it will do nothing!

Is he wrong or what? Whats the real deal?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
so long as it's under 90 decibels you'll be sweet as. Your dad's right that the cops will be on you like white on rice if you got a loud exhaust. It will be like blood to a shark. If they can't ping you for the exhaust they'll get you for something else.

I don't think a 2.5 cat back is that loud anyway.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
so long as it's under 90 decibels you'll be sweet as. Your dad's right that the cops will be on you like white on rice if you got a loud exhaust. It will be like blood to a shark. If they can't ping you for the exhaust they'll get you for something else.

I don't think a 2.5 cat back is that loud anyway.

Can anybody verify if there setup's are below 90 decibels on a V6? And state what setup you got to, that would be really helpful.

cheers ! ;)

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Loud!!

Hey guys,

I've set the VY up with Pacemaker competition Headers, PH5061's and connected them to twin 2.5" stainless high flow Cat's, into Twin 2.5" Mandrel bent system with twin straight through mufflers and twin pipe rear muffler just infront of twin stainless tips.
All I can say is that it is Ear Piercing at high RPM, sounds more like a ducati than a V6 commy!! But this combo with 1.95 rockers and Pod, has made it aggressive to say the least!!

Way too loud for the faint hearted!!:thumbsup:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haha nice...
One of my mates mates mentioned there was a Silver VY cruising around morno that was loud as hell. I'm guessin that would be you!
Twin system all the way would be insane...
Laters