Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to place the 6x9 in a vz 2005 model commodore?

vz23kq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore lumina
hey people, i just purchased 2 new 6x9 for my 2005 vz commodore, As we all no the 6x9 just fit stright into to the holes alredy made by holden. I am unsure of how to take off the back Parcel to put the speckers in. i tried putting them in from the boot but i dont want to damage my speakers as they wernt cheap at all. Any help would be Most appricated on how this is done so i can chuck these babys in and see how they pump :)

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I'd say you need to take out the back seat first so you can then remove the parcel shelf.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
as wortus said, you have to take out the back seats, then undo the bolts that hold the back rests of the back seats, and just slide them up and they come out. then just pop out the clips that are along the edges and on top of the parcel shelf that hold baby seat lock in and it should slide forward

Ryan272

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
yep just as richard said.
although i found my 6x9's didn't quite fit as snugly as i would like and they rattled ever so slightly esp. with the sub (enough to annoy me)
so i also did this:

27y33mv.jpg

Try and avoid having to take your parcel shelf out more than once though... its a pain in the arse haha.