Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to reduce police attention?

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I don't have any complaints about police behavior. They have been friendly every time and haven't given me an unroadworthy...yet :)

I was really just wondering why I was getting attention all of a sudden. It doesn't seem purely random either, as on two of the occasions police cars have driven past me in the opposite direction and turned around to follow me before pulling me up.

After seeing the responses, I'm thinking of removing the sticker and getting rid of the 19" wheels :(

Although I haven't been given an unroadworthy, I'm worried about what might happen when the police see the blower. We have a lot of HWP police in my area and don't want to take any risks.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Drive a stock standard car.

Have music at a suitable audible level for passengers, not the suburb you are passing through.

You'd be surprised at how well this turns your everyday full sick ride into a common car on the road that receives no more attention than the rest of them.

Rims, loud noise, exhaust, stickers relating to any performance additions all attract police attention - you really don't need a degree in anything to figure that out.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Random questions are "Is this car registered in your name?," "What are you doing here at this time? (I work graveyard shift)," "Why did you turn this way? (Ahh, I'm going home)". etc. It wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that I never see people driving their mazda's getting pulled over at the same times. I've driven my ss (and before that a loud wrx) home many moire times and never once got pulled over.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Forgot to mention, I actually raised the car to FE2 height when I put on the 19" wheels in a deliberate attempt to avoid police attention

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I haven't got an engineering certificate for the supercharger thus far, but no police officer has asked to look under the hood yet. Other than that, I'm sure it would pass a noise test, height limits, doesn't leak any oil, and doesn't display signs of any other obvious roadworthiness.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
Any chance of you putting some pics up in the my ride section ?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Here is a tip, when the cops are driving past don't stare at them. Just keep looking forward at the road ahead.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Damm cop bait... Sell it and buy something un suss.