Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How To Remove A Vt Spack Head Unit...

A

Azza-

Hey All

I just picked up a 1999VT S Pack Commodore... Its black, sunroof, tinits all power options.. I'm Stoked I'm only 17 so im still heaps excited.

The thing is I'm in the progress of moving my mobile car kit and sound system into the car.

I have installed my mobile kit in all fine and stuff, But how the hell do i get to the head unit to take it out and pop mine in? I've already bought a Single Bin pocket to go under my deck and ive all ready laid my power and rca's for my sound system i just needa get into the head unit area.

If anyone can give me some tips i will be ever so greatful..!!

AzZa-

A

Azza-

Man well that was so long and hard to do...

i should do a how to lol.

maybe i will......

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I'm gathering your head unit had the two holes on either side of the head unit facia. Did you have the correct tool for the job?

Let everybody know how you did it, that way it might help someone else.

Kind regards Guy.

P

Phil

Azza-,

You can get the eurovox keys from eurovox in Melbourne. They cost nothing they will only charge you for postage...

Eurovox Pty Ltd
1 Corporate Ave Rowville VIC 3178
ph: (03) 9755 5533 Radio Distributors, Parts &/or Service

You need to speak to the Parts devision. I did have a contact there but I cant find her name. The may want a model number but you cant give that to them with the unit still in the car, hehe.. Just give them the model of the car..

When you get the 2 keys place them in the holes on each side of the unit and push in. Then either grab just inside the tape player and remove the unit. It will be connected at the back with the antenna and power plug..

All done..

Cheers
Phil

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
I was lucky enough just to pull at the cassette buttons and it just slid out.

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
alternatively drop by a holden dealer and see if they'll take it out for you.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i wish my vk's deck was that easy to remove, i have to take the hole dash to bits just to get to 2 little screws holding it in at the back

hope you don't have as many head aches as i will be having

have fun

scott

R

Robbie

Hey Guys,

I removed my VT Berlina head unit the other day. Thanks to this conversation I was able to go to my local stereo installer and borrow his keys for 5 seconds and pop the head unit out.

The next problem is I need a wiring diagram for the plug on the back, so I can wire up an aftermarket head unit. Has anyone got one? Last time I worked out what all the wires were it was on my old magna and wasn't pretty.

Thanks guys

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Here is the wiring diagrams for the eurovox headunits. They're posted somewhere else on here but I can't remember where so here you go! Good luck!

Andy