Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove a VX wagon floor pan?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I'm trying to remove the floor pan in my VX wagon to access the top of the rear shock absorbers but am currently at a loss as to what to do after removing the carpet that covers the spare wheel. Could someone please give give me a quick run down of what to do next?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You do it all from under the car.

The shock absorber will bolt into a plate, that should have 4-5 retaining nuts, Remove that plate & undo the lower shock bolt, Remove. Re-fit the new shock absorber onto that plate & re-fit.

Cheers
Mat

Edit:
I have never owned a Wagon, let alone a Vt/VX wagon. Surely you jacked the car up to look at your shock absorber before pulling your interior apart? hahaha

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I know you can do it from underneath, but I've just had the shocks and springs done and it's making a knocking noise like it did when the top nut was loose. I believe you can get to the nut without ripping the whole shock out by going from the top down. In a sedan I think you can do the same in the boot.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I know you can do it from underneath, but I've just had the shocks and springs done and it's making a knocking noise like it did when the top nut was loose. I believe you can get to the nut without ripping the whole shock out by going from the top down. In a sedan I think you can do the same in the boot.

you cant you need to pull the plate off from underneath if you just had them done just take it back to the place that did the work and get them to recheck it.