Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove center console trim where gear non is

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Hi guys trying to remove the center trim in my ute, where the cup holders are and the gear nob, traction control and window switchs's are any idea how to befor I just pull up and snap everything?

Black Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV M6
It just pulls straight up. Be careful though as the wires to my window and mirror switches weren't very long which didn't allow me a lot of movement.

inquist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec
Easy job, grab a flat head screwdriver and pry one side up till you hear a pop, then pry the middle and then the other end, you will think it going to break but the clips holding it down give way before the plastic snaps.
i started on the side closest to the cup holders. worked a treat.

Raibo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 10
Hi guys trying to remove the center trim in my ute, where the cup holders are and the gear nob, traction control and window switchs's are any idea how to befor I just pull up and snap everything?

best thing i found to do is get a flat head screwdriver and slowly and gently lever one side up, usually start near the cupholders as it is easier to get a grip, once you have one side lifted up very gently pull it up. dont rush it though as the first time i did it i snapped the skinny peice near the cup holders :(

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Yeh I have the front up just not the back where the cup holders I can't get that up

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
+1 for starting at the cup holders - once you have that first clip released, you can just pry the rest up with your fingers.

I use a dedicated trim removal tool though - they're hard plastic and less likely to cause any damage than a flat head screwdriver. Still need to use caution though.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Yeh did it fairly easily once I got the screw driver in it was good here is some photos of what I did ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347631729.516489.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347631746.009267.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347631766.073309.jpg

Raibo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 10
looks awesome mate! im still undecided whether or not to do the centre peice near the cupholders. How hard was it to do lol?

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Wasnt to hard but it was Fiddly but a pain in the ass for someplaces,

redhotss07

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS ute
Thx fella's,always easier when ya know how,all cleaned,had a coke and coffee spilt over it