Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to remove moulds under door windows?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I lost my gregorys and used the "Check If Already Posted" button but I couldn't find the answer; does anyone know how to remove the strips which go just under the windows on the outside of the car? Attached is a photo showing what I'm talking about - just got a new set and got everything else on (window, above the doors) and just stuck with these four.

Attachments

• 100_1270.jpg
    100_1270.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 485

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i could very well be wrong about this but i think those moulds you speak of are glued on with urethane. could be interesting trying to get them off without damaging the door skins/panel.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Open ur door and look on the end that opens out, you'll c a screw.
Undo this, take it out.
Then it should just pull up, they're only clipped on once the screw is removed.
I've been playing with my windows n door handles.
Been painting and fixing slow windows.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Thanks for the replies guys will have another crack tomorrow

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I found the screw you speak of at the back of front door, and at the front of the back door, is it only one screw per mould? Because I noticed on the moulds which I want to put in, it looks like there's screw holes on each side of the mould, couldn't find any screw at the back of the back door or the front of the front door but I get a feeling there might be screws in these places; specifically under the mirrors?

Do I need to pull apart the door trims to remove the moulds, because if so I need to install some splits anyway, might as well do it all at once..

Thanks guys

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Not 100% on the rear doors.
But wen I pulled the front ones off, all I did was have the window down,
then remove the rear screw and lifted it off.
The mirror will have to come out, but its easy.
But there was no screws under my mirror.
Not to say that there was meant to be one there though.
Hope this helps

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
The good news is I found my gregory's tonight, the bad news is that my quick look through it showed a picture of the part but didn't really explain removal of it, so I'll just follow those instructions to pull the door trim apart (I'll put it back together properly this time.. last time I had it apart was to paint the mirrors), get the mirrors off and while I'm there I'll put the speakers in..

Thanks DH

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
OK done one side of the car, just following up in case anybody searches for this in the future..

There are meant to be two screws for each mould, one towards the front and one towards the back. There was no screw on my drivers door at the front, just the mirror pushing down on it (had some spare clips which hold it down so stuck em all on), so I unscrewed the screw, pulled the door trim apart, took the mirror off and lifted from the back to the front; the thing came off and I stuck the new one on after examining how the clips work. For the back there are actually two screws in place, one at the front and one where the back-most window is, I just ripped the mould off where this second screw is and used pliars to remove screw-holder from the new mould so it would go in properly. I'm pretty sure it would be possible to access the back screw by removing the door trim but I couldn't be bothered; just used more clips!