Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] How To remove rear wing/ spoiler (VY/VZ)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
just so you know if someone runs into the back of your car your insurance could be void if you dont have the 3rd brake light

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Having no 3rd or eyelevel brakelight makes your car unroadworthy. Problem is, the area for the factory brakelight on the parcel shelf is blacked out on the glass. No worries...

1. Go and buy an LED aftermarket light such as this Narva one:

2rza22r.png

2. Remove rear seat.

Feel under the front of the seat base and on each side theres a handle you pull forward then lift the front of the seat upwards and out. Now youve exposed the two bolts at the base of the seat back, undo and pull the seats upwards to release. Fold down the middle section.

3. Remove parcel shelf.

Remove the plastic trim above the tunnel to the boot by pulling the two clips out. Remove all the clips along the front, the two large ones on top (unscrew them) and unbolt the baby seat anchor. Pull the shelf cover towards you to expose the hole in the centre where you feed the brakelight wire into the boot.

4. Feed the wire through then reinstall everyhting you removed.

5. Mount the brakelight as low as possible as the higher you go, the more the light is angled upwards and reduces visibility.

6. Now pull the wire through from the boot till theres no slack on the shelf.

7. In the boot look under where the factory brakelight sits on the parcel shelf and you will see the plug for the globe. Cut the plug off and crimp some connectors on there. Cut the excess wire off the brakelight wire and crimp some opposite connectors on it.

8. Plug her in !

Wing of gayness together with new light

Picture005-1.jpg

Wing gone, but all legal now :D

Picture008.jpg

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
I wish this was as easy as taking my spoiler off on my VT. My bolts are rusted as F**k and split as :(

04sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Having no 3rd or eyelevel brakelight makes your car unroadworthy. Problem is, the area for the factory brakelight on the parcel shelf is blacked out on the glass. No worries...

1. Go and buy an LED aftermarket light such as this Narva one:

2rza22r.png

2. Remove rear seat.

Feel under the front of the seat base and on each side theres a handle you pull forward then lift the front of the seat upwards and out. Now youve exposed the two bolts at the base of the seat back, undo and pull the seats upwards to release. Fold down the middle section.

3. Remove parcel shelf.

Remove the plastic trim above the tunnel to the boot by pulling the two clips out. Remove all the clips along the front, the two large ones on top (unscrew them) and unbolt the baby seat anchor. Pull the shelf cover towards you to expose the hole in the centre where you feed the brakelight wire into the boot.

4. Feed the wire through then reinstall everyhting you removed.

5. Mount the brakelight as low as possible as the higher you go, the more the light is angled upwards and reduces visibility.

6. Now pull the wire through from the boot till theres no slack on the shelf.

7. In the boot look under where the factory brakelight sits on the parcel shelf and you will see the plug for the globe. Cut the plug off and crimp some connectors on there. Cut the excess wire off the brakelight wire and crimp some opposite connectors on it.

8. Plug her in !

Wing of gayness together with new light

Picture005-1.jpg

Wing gone, but all legal now :D

Picture008.jpg

Mate, are you able to do a more detailed how to on this? eg. some pics etc...? i'm having a little trouble :(

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Mate, are you able to do a more detailed how to on this? eg. some pics etc...? i'm having a little trouble :(

Where are you stuck?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
That wouldnt be eye level unless your cars a lifted hilux haha

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
lol yea i know but i just put it there untill the one i bought of ebay comes :)