Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HOW TO replace headlining - Very detailed

SC6JET

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
has anyone done the roof lining on a VS Calais with a sunroof?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
got a question, can i take the roof lining out, and screw the mirrors n **** back in? jus bcause im not guna have the time to do the roof all at once, it would have to be a gradual thing, but im sick of it saging, and wenever i have my window open tha wind makes that orange **** go everywere!

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Cant see why not mate, it will just look crap untill you get it done :)

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
yeah you can screw them back in, the holes are in the roof supports, not the roof lining itself, your gonna roast in the heat though and freeze in the cold, only takes a couple hours to do, plan it for a sunday, get all the needed materials and use the tips I posted for the easiest and hassle free way of doin it. cheers

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
wow $20 for that haha niceniss what if my roof lining is not commy off can i still do it?
Of course you can, but I would not bother doing it until it starts to sag.
It seems the guy in charge of doing the headliners at holden had a few on- off days between 1988 to 1997 ha:rofl:

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Mine hasn't started to sag at all, but I'm going to redo mine with the thinner material for my next light project

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I`m going to do mine soon and I`ll first gather what I need, I`ll go with the sellys quick grip or permatex (if I can buy it in my small town) for glue as it seems trial and error has made this the go.

I`m going to use a fake leather material so I should be able to use liberal amounts of glue without it soaking through the material, I`ll test on a small area off an off-cut first.

So foam, should I bother?

BradCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP SS rep
if it is sagging and touching your head and ****ing you off, just use thumb tacks till you can get all the stuff to fix it properly yourself.