Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to reset computer's ''battery charge level''

mouseno4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 '08 Ute
Long story short, i purchased a VE 2008 series 1 and have been having battery troubles. After a lot of stress and about two dozen jump starts (have a portable jump starter), i discovered the problem was a bad factory terminal that once replaced, solved almost all the problems instantly.

However, for whatever reason, the dashboard engineering mode still reports that my battery has only a few percent charge. Which is impossible as i just pulled the charger off the car when it registered ''float'' or full charge.

No matter what i do, the report is always in the singular digit range. 0.0% to 3.x% or so. Am i able to reset this as the auto electrician suggested? He checked the battery, the alternator, the starter motor and even the terminals. All 100% fine. However, that damned computer keeps giving me false reports and i would like to fix it if i can.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Disconnect the battery for half an hour or overnight seems to be the accepted wisdom here

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
It normally fixes itself after a while, mine was stuck on 0% for a few weeks.

mouseno4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 '08 Ute
It normally fixes itself after a while, mine was stuck on 0% for a few weeks.

Yep, you are dead right there. The charge indicator on the dash did in fact reset itself. Thanks