Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot a BT1 (ex police)?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 mazda 808, VN S1, VH SLE
okay so my brother is going to have a look at a VT s2 SS and the current owner says its a BT1 (ex police) highway pursuit car or something,
im not quite sure how to tell the difference.. what do we look for ID plates? is the dash different? and do they have much more go than a stock SS??

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
there is a few differences
*no traction control
*police mode on the dash(which is just the digital speddo)
*should have P on the compliance plate
*there will be a **** loads of holes in the dach etc from all the gear they had in them
*no power difference they are just a stock SS

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
I wish the rumor of super special cop chips never started >.<

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
sorry but why do so many people think that bt1's the ducks guts? I would rather a normal vt ss would be wary of buying an ex cop car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks GMMAD that was the info i was after!!

Simonn why would you be wary of an ex cop car?? it has only 109,000kms all we wanted to know was the differences if any, and if they had power differences just because we did not know.. we are getting it checked out at a good local automotive place..

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
thanks GMMAD that was the info i was after!!

Simonn why would you be wary of an ex cop car?? it has only 109,000kms all we wanted to know was the differences if any, and if they had power differences just because we did not know.. we are getting it checked out at a good local automotive place..

would have thought an ex copper would have had a lot more ks than that. especially being a VT s2.

My car is an ex copper, it's only a 6 so not exactly sure what it was used for, but in the 3 years the cops had it they did 80,000ks (according to service records). It was being used in country victoria, (according to service records, it was serviced up in mildura and swan hill constantly).

Yes being in the country it would have done more k's. but in comparison, that car has done hardly any k's, unless they didn't own it for long and the next owner didn't drive it all that much.

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that link ruggj, should be helpful, yea it only has 109,000kms, anyway we'll find out on wednesday thanks for ppls input..!!

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
my brother knew a guy who used to be a cop and he told us dont get one.they get absolutly thrashed more then what the people here could do

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
just depends really, some are well looked after, my mates mum is a cop, and she says that some of them really just don't care about them.