Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

VT SERIES II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I dont know if you guys heard about this but the cops put one of their patrol cars in for new tyres,
The tyre company was my local one....they video taped themselves giving it sh*t and burning off the old tyres in their workshop then posted it on youtube...

The cops found it and recognised the plates!! they got in heaps of trouble over that one....everyone had the video on their phones and sent it around...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
There is also a video of a cop car in getting serviced at an SA holden dealer!

Those 2 also got fired (i assume your talking about the same video, but have the wrong story)

VT SERIES II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
There is also a video of a cop car in getting serviced at an SA holden dealer!

Those 2 also got fired (i assume your talking about the same video, but have the wrong story)

No I think it must be a seperate incident because it was a W.A Police car...

I have seen that WRX getting around....I have been warned by a few people about it. Another one of those that try to drag you at the lights...then they flick their lights on...

A few years back I was at a set of lights near a pub and a silver VS pulled up next to me. .
My car at the time was a red VN fulled kitted and looked pretty impressive...
He was revving the absolute **** out of it(I completeley ignored him) The lights went green and he took off like a rocket....

I made a point of taking off really slow.... I then got pulled over five seconds later!!
I was in completed shock .....the guy pulls me over and I said "I think your after that car down there!!" pointing at the silver VS fanging down the street...he said something like "dont worry about him missy!"

He looked around my entire car with a torch...
Then he had the cheek to tell ME to drive carefully....
It was a complete setup!

clark522

Reaction score
i think in werribee there was a wrx reving p platers at the lights and soon as they'd take off they'd chuck on their lights and catch them.
i got pulled over the other night in an unmarked bf ford but the cops were in uniform.

i think werribee has a wrx, a lime green xr6 turbo, silver ve ss commodore, a ve calais commodore. this is all ive seen so far.

FusionX

Reaction score
No I think it must be a seperate incident because it was a W.A Police car...

I have seen that WRX getting around....I have been warned by a few people about it. Another one of those that try to drag you at the lights...then they flick their lights on...

A few of these unmarked WRX's running around Perth now, been done by one (passed him at full noise without realising), Plus the usual unmarked XR6 Turbos (white one with rego-MH63179 has been known to try and bait people to race)

Late December the Police bought 10 or so Subaru Liberty's to remain unmarked, still getting fitted out with concealed lights and what not. These will be hard to spot to start with, as they will not be stock looking. Part of their hoon crack down.

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
A few of these unmarked WRX's running around Perth now, been done by one (passed him at full noise without realising), Plus the usual unmarked XR6 Turbos (white one with rego-MH63179 has been known to try and bait people to race)

Late December the Police bought 10 or so Subaru Liberty's to remain unmarked, still getting fitted out with concealed lights and what not. These will be hard to spot to start with, as they will not be stock looking. Part of their hoon crack down.

i thought they flogged off all the subaru wrx's cos they kept doing diffs or something, lyk if they were on the side of the road and they take off to chase someone and they are spinning them up in the dirt or stones and then hitting hard road , but looks lyk im wrong though.

caekmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM
hey im in perth, and i know my unmarked cars very well (they liked my old VR alot ;) )
i have seen about 3 different unmarked wrx`s, the white xr6 turbo pulled me one night aswell, have also been pulled by a gold and blue VE both exec,

i just look for the same old VE`s with pursuit rims and antennas, so it kinda sucks that there bringing out all these new ones

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I saw an unmarked VE SS, in the Blue mountains area once. It had a freaking speeding camera on side of the car, i was like... whats the point of an unmarked car then?

(or i could be wrong, it was going the opposite way to me and i glanced at it quickly)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I saw an unmarked VE SS, in the Blue mountains area once. It had a freaking speeding camera on side of the car, i was like... whats the point of an unmarked car then?

(or i could be wrong, it was going the opposite way to me and i glanced at it quickly)

That 'little' camera would have a reading on your car before you even know what make of car it is! So yes, there is a good point to it being unmarked. It stands out alot less than a white car with blue and red lights on the rood that you can see from a mile away

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
new undercover fleet for police

by edith bevin

any car on the road could now be a cop car, thanks to a nsw police initiative to combat hoons and law breakers.

Highway patrol officers have used unmarked police cars for years.

But the latest scheme sees a range of high performance sports vehicles including ford falcon typhoons and suburu impreza wrxs patrolling the streets.

The vehicles are fitted with the latest accessories and are in a range of colours - some even sporting “p” plates - to fit in with vehicles commonly associated with car hoons.

Police traffic services commander chief superintendent john hartley said the scheme was part of a ploy to “blend in” with the hoons.

“what we’re doing is using a combination of marked and unmarked police cars,” supt hartley said.

“we’re using covert style vehicles which are, in the main, high performance cars like the (ford) typhoons.

“they are a new strategy to get cars that blend in with the hoodlums.

“what we find is people don’t pick them as police cars and it’s easier to pick offences like speeding, using a mobile phone or not wearing a seatbelts.

“we’ve found that people usually slow down and modify their driving behaviour when they see a marked police car.

“what we’re trying to do is get the message across that anywhere, anytime, any car could be a police car.

“you won’t know whether the car beside you is a police car or not.”

but the fleet designed to catch law-breakers on the roads does not stop at new or sports-modified models.

Police are also deploying older, well-worn cars as part of their covert traffic operations, supt hartley said.

It seems to be working, with speeding and drink driving offences well down over the christmas period.

And although it has a very serious side to it, the new cars are providing police with one or two “lighter moments”

“the officers tell me that they have had a couple of people pull alongside with the intention of a drag race,” supt hartley said. “they think the better of it when they look across and see a police uniform on the guy sitting behind the wheel.”

supt hartley said a “classic” example of the success of the scheme was the recent case of a hire car driver who was pulled over for speeding while ferrying a bride and groom.

Police began deploying the undercover vehicles in march when the state government announced funding for an additional 50 highway patrol cars.

They took delivery of the fleet shortly before the christmas traffic campaign.

“i think it’s having a big impact on the street racing and hoodlum activity (but) it’s probably to early to tell about general driving behaviour,” supt hartley said.
. .