Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
have a whinge mate

Dont think he was having a whinge mate,just stating a fact.
You sound like a tool with these comments so i hope the next thing that stops you is a tree.:yeah:

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
Yes they ARE using many vehicles [i wont say what types]. Yes they have P plates up too, and are wearing casual, or a vic police polo top with whatever they want. These are the only police members that can pull someone over without having to wear the reflective vests on public roads when out of their vehicle. Yes they are designed to target hoons too, and you wont notice they're a cop car like the unmarked cars.

Yea, people slow down, but for example, i was on the side of the road last night right after a bend in a 50km/h zone. A ford was coming along with a done up exhaust, i could hear him coming for about 5 or so seconds before the bend, then when he came round the bend and spotted the vehicle you could hear him back off the throttle through the exhaust sound. As he was driving past you could see the blue LEDs on the windscreen washers. Thing is they think that because a speed camera didn't catch them they have nothing to worry about, but that's not true, some speed cameras are setup with another chase vehicle around, all the officer in the speed camera setup needs to do is radio in a defectable car and the chase car can deal with it, and usually they go right back to speeding knowing that they missed the speed camera anyways because there wont be another one anywhere near.

Up until November last year i didn't get pulled over once or waived into a booze bus. Then late novemeber i got pulled over [not randomly] but wasn't charged because i argued. Then i got pulled over a few weeks ago for speeding, again luck enough to talk down the speeding fine so i didn't get an instant loss of licence. Other than that nothing at all, i've managed to also get someone else pulled over and defected, that was fun. :yeah:

There are a few more mobile cameras than just the wagons, they also like to use 4WD's [like over in St Albans they tend to use a honda mini 4WD from memory, i have to have another look next time to get what it is. They come in many many makes down here, and most people can't spot all of them without training.

oh yeh that reminds me, your right. i have seen 4wds being used, have also seen a grey minivan once with cops later on. they didn't like my friend flashing everyone with his lights.

a friend told me up around the melton area (i think) theres a modded ford with the number plate gotcha. i'd watch out for that one.

yet if police drag you at the lights isn't that entrapment? since if the cop wasn't there the person wouldn't have dragged anyone.

in vic, is it illegal to accelerate quickly up to the speed limit? im sure if a porsche did it they wouldn't care but with a commodore im sure they'd try and get you for something but it's not like most commodores are quicker then a porsche.

sl33per

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
95 VS Executive
u can change places, but you cant hide from me..

Yes they ARE using many vehicles [i wont say what types]. Yes they have P plates up too, and are wearing casual, or a vic police polo top with whatever they want. These are the only police members that can pull someone over without having to wear the reflective vests on public roads when out of their vehicle. Yes they are designed to target hoons too, and you wont notice they're a cop car like the unmarked cars.

Yea, people slow down, but for example, i was on the side of the road last night right after a bend in a 50km/h zone. A ford was coming along with a done up exhaust, i could hear him coming for about 5 or so seconds before the bend, then when he came round the bend and spotted the vehicle you could hear him back off the throttle through the exhaust sound. As he was driving past you could see the blue LEDs on the windscreen washers. Thing is they think that because a speed camera didn't catch them they have nothing to worry about, but that's not true, some speed cameras are setup with another chase vehicle around, all the officer in the speed camera setup needs to do is radio in a defectable car and the chase car can deal with it, and usually they go right back to speeding knowing that they missed the speed camera anyways because there wont be another one anywhere near.

Up until November last year i didn't get pulled over once or waived into a booze bus. Then late novemeber i got pulled over [not randomly] but wasn't charged because i argued. Then i got pulled over a few weeks ago for speeding, again luck enough to talk down the speeding fine so i didn't get an instant loss of licence. Other than that nothing at all, i've managed to also get someone else pulled over and defected, that was fun. :yeah:

There are a few more mobile cameras than just the wagons, they also like to use 4WD's [like over in St Albans they tend to use a honda mini 4WD from memory, i have to have another look next time to get what it is. They come in many many makes down here, and most people can't spot all of them without training.

yeh down here many vehicles are used for cameras that i have seen.
ive always looked out for them since i can remember.
ive seen rodeos with the fibreglass tray cover (even tho it may look like a tradeys car, but with two big whopper lights on the front and a big black plastic in between..im not fooled =\ )
ba xt's, rav4's i think i recall somewhere
but i mostly look out for the most random car, the person mustnt think of where they are parking. to me they stick out like dogs balls..
i havent had one speed camera fine..yet

also down here in geelong, last year i seen a car pulled over with its lights going, im like wtf? is that a ute?! orange ve ss, no aerials in site, all hidden in the tray ;)
found that very sneaky, never seen one before
and havent seen it again, possibly because it will blend in that well

and ive also noticed on some camera cars, they are recessing the black plastic for the camera, in the grill, but still have the ugly big computer on the passenger side obvious as anything for oncoming drivers..

well thats my 2c worth

sl33per

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
down in the wollongong/illwarra area there a heaps of unmarked ones theres the BA falcons, ve commos, like a hiace looking thing, an old skool corolla, a vt, holden rodeo ute with ladders on the top with all blue and red flashing lights on the ladders, 380s different types of 4wds, motor bikes, and they have lights on the dash, next to the back number plate, in the back window, areals on MOST of them some have none at all and most of the 380s the lights are behind th front grilll

oh an they also drive a ford focus

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
here in perth they have quite a few black XR6 turbo's with dark tint and mags that they use at nite time. pretty hard to pick until you are beside it and can see the computer screen. been pulled over by a white XR6 turbo with mandurah number plates (bout an hr south of perth). i was doing about 40km/h over the limit when passing them and then luckily just spotted 3 small ariels on the back windscreen so i slowed down as much as i could and they only got me for 10km/h over the limit and let me off with a warning... thought it was quite nice of him :)

Going that fast over the limit, im surprised the cops didnt rip up ur license on the spot, which they should have.
You must have rocks in ur head for going that fast.:bang::bang:

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
^lol.........

mx kid

5th pinned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII CLUBSPORT
Going that fast over the limit, im surprised the cops didnt rip up ur license on the spot, which they should have.
You must have rocks in ur head for going that fast.:bang::bang:

it was a double lane hwy with a median strip that dropped from 70 to 60 and i was doin 100. big effin deal. i'd slowed down to 70 when they saw me so why would they tear my license up if they didnt see me goin that fast. i dont really care what u think aye so just keep it to yaself. ill go as fast as i am comfortable with if its in a safe are and if it gets me into trouble then thats my problem. stop havin a cry coz u drive like a nanna.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
it was a double lane hwy with a median strip that dropped from 70 to 60 and i was doin 100. big effin deal. i'd slowed down to 70 when they saw me so why would they tear my license up if they didnt see me goin that fast. i dont really care what u think aye so just keep it to yaself. ill go as fast as i am comfortable with if its in a safe are and if it gets me into trouble then thats my problem. stop havin a cry coz u drive like a nanna.

Ok, That u didnt mention. U said u where doing 40 ova when u passed them!! make up ur mind ffs. Thank god ur on the other side of the country.
Im not crying, but thanx for pointing that out mum. You take care on the road!

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
down in the wollongong/illwarra area there a heaps of unmarked ones theres the BA falcons, ve commos, like a hiace looking thing, an old skool corolla, a vt, holden rodeo ute with ladders on the top with all blue and red flashing lights on the ladders, 380s different types of 4wds, motor bikes, and they have lights on the dash, next to the back number plate, in the back window, areals on MOST of them some have none at all and most of the 380s the lights are behind th front grilll

oh an they also drive a ford focus

Im always suprised by the local police around here as to how many undercover cars we have. You see some random car pulled up by some other random car with flashing lights, besides that it has nothing an average undercover normally has.

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
here in SA, in whyalla i think we only have holden sedans, good way to look out for UC's here theres prettymuch 2 things to look for,
-Big aerial at the rear of the car
-Goverment Plates hahaha