Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

Marlon1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Equipe S2
Now using Toyota Corolla wagons and Mazda tributes as Mobile Cameras in Victoria (Mill Park, Greensborough, Rosanna) Starting to see a few VY VZ Commodore Wagons as undercover cars too around Rosanna from the Heidelberg police station in Victoria.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I got pulled over by a black XR6 Turbo, undercover cop in plain clothes on a sunday night around 7.30 right near my house...

had rims, was lowered, had the CB antennae and everything...always be wary of new model cars with anything looking out of the ordinary

they're sneaky buggers

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i got done by a copper on his way to work in an undercover car well i assume he was on his way to work cos it was like 720am and he was the superintendant i dont think he was on patrol XD

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Now using Toyota Corolla wagons and Mazda tributes as Mobile Cameras in Victoria (Mill Park, Greensborough, Rosanna) Starting to see a few VY VZ Commodore Wagons as undercover cars too around Rosanna from the Heidelberg police station in Victoria.

keep an eye out for white transit vans (or similar) with a number printed on the back. Something like P34696 in black. Seem to have a few of these around as camera cars

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
One big giveaway and its harder to tell these days on the newer cars is the mudflaps will be missing and the exhaust will be pushed up into the bumper more.

I guess they do it for high speed chases so they dont grind the flaps and exhaust over bumps.
Not sure if its all cop cars though

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Ozzie, definatly not all cop cars have that. And the undercover ones nowadays are pretty much the same as what normally people would purchase, then they can modify them however they want. Some dont even get modified. But the SS's are currently setting the benchmark for maximum speed in chases, no other vic police vehicle is rated for the speeds like the SS's.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
the best way to tell is when the lights come on in your mirror :p

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
the best way to tell is when the lights come on in your mirror :p

You don't think? haha this whole thread is about how to avoid seeing those lights

haha, you smart ass lol!

allanssv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
talking to a cop at some random place cant remember.
anyway he was using and unmarked toyota prius.
can use pretty much anything the sneaky buggers =P
pretty much just look for any ve commodore . couple inches lowered. silver interceptors and three antennas.the two blokes inside with blue uniform is a dead give away but =P