Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to spot an unmarked police car

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
i was admiring a VZ senator when it was next to me the other day then i realised it was an unmarked car!!! seriously never expected a car like that to be a cop!

We Have a Red FPV With those Angle Eyes like the BMWs have, also saw a Unmarked Gold calais just yesterday. YAY!

missVT195i

missVT195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
blah blah blah
I dont condone unsafe driving nor do i spend all my time looking for them. i occasionally look in the rear view and see lights. im just paranoid of the cops cause im on my P's and i know theyll pick me up for anything.

i know how you feel im on my p's also so im always paranoid aswell!!!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
During my last work placement, our police often had to get something out of the ordinary for special duties like undercover /observation work during drug busts etc. It was no use using a car that was a normal government contract job, so we had an arrangement with local dealers to lend us something from their used car lots. No police equipment was fitted and the only equipment they took with them were portable radios to enable them to operate on the normal frequencies for our command. We borrowed Mazda 6's, Liberty's, I think there was a Beemer once. Pursuits were not part of the deal, they just followed the suspects at normal traffic speeds. As for how you would have spotted them as undercover cars, well, you wouldn't. That was the whole idea.

In relation to the classification of police cars in NSW, there were three general classification. Unmarked, which obviously had no police insignia or external equipment fitted, partially marked, which had police insignia only externally and fully marked, which had the full house of insignias and external equipment. The only real "undercover" cars were those like I mentioned that we borrowed. It was a common practice and probably still is. We had to take out insurance on the cars for the period we had them but that was about all. The vehicles were borrowed for perhaps one or two weeks, then went back and we borrowed another one, so that the crims really never knew what to look out for.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Up my way Ive noticed now they're removing the aerials on the unmarked ones... The latest VEII (Poison ivy) used to have the aerials, But now just has the stubbs...

nocturnal josh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE omega wagon
Around here I've seen
Camrys
Patrols
VEs usually SS
Falcon XR6 and typhoon
Colorados
And recently been told theres a lancer with plenty of it's in mods

Oh and on the last long weekend we had a SS ute with no antennas whatsoever defecting everyone he could

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
i've seen them running in hilux's, VE utes with canopies, and of course XR6 turbos with only small aerials and 2 small LED's on the front grill

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
There are atleast two UC toyota prado's gettin around brisbane. seen each of them bookin someone. bastards.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
During my last work placement, our police often had to get something out of the ordinary for special duties like undercover /observation work during drug busts etc. It was no use using a car that was a normal government contract job, so we had an arrangement with local dealers to lend us something from their used car lots. No police equipment was fitted and the only equipment they took with them were portable radios to enable them to operate on the normal frequencies for our command. We borrowed Mazda 6's, Liberty's, I think there was a Beemer once. Pursuits were not part of the deal, they just followed the suspects at normal traffic speeds. As for how you would have spotted them as undercover cars, well, you wouldn't. That was the whole idea.

In relation to the classification of police cars in NSW, there were three general classification. Unmarked, which obviously had no police insignia or external equipment fitted, partially marked, which had police insignia only externally and fully marked, which had the full house of insignias and external equipment. The only real "undercover" cars were those like I mentioned that we borrowed. It was a common practice and probably still is. We had to take out insurance on the cars for the period we had them but that was about all. The vehicles were borrowed for perhaps one or two weeks, then went back and we borrowed another one, so that the crims really never knew what to look out for.

This has always annoyed me..some people claiming they can spot an "undercover" Police car.......yes you could spot a "unmarked" Police car but no chance at all spotting a car that is been used by undercover Police...

Dazz

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Saw what appeared to be a pov pack Lancer pulling up a speeding P plater on the M4 today.. Might have been an evo with a stock bodykit?