Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to top up coolant

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Hey all. So I did my first look over the car today and when I looked at the coolant at first I was worried (as previously had a VY that had green coolant) I noticed I had pink. Just wondering I do need to top up the coolant level but having my first sight of pink coolant I thought I’d ask what it is and how do I top it up. If read things like don’t add water as it deteriorates the coolant and stuffs up the engine. Is this true and would anyone know the best way to do it.
Bit of a stupid question but would rather ask and look stupid then stuff car up and have no car and look even More stupid.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check your radiator cap level, and you should check the overflow bottle too, it sounds like genuine or penrite, pics for colour?
the only stupid questions are the ones not asked

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Red coolant in V6 VEs.
Are V8s the same? Guess so, but your books will give you the specs.
Do you know when it was last changed? V6 is every 5 years. Again check your books if it's the same time span.

I used red NULON at 5 years, and when 10 years comes up next year will do the same.
I purchased the red NULON when on special and mixed it 50-50 with distilled water in a clean bucket, as per the instructions.

Sharon need help

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU11 HOLDEN COMMODORE 5.7litre LS1 GEN111 UTE
Hey all. So I did my first look over the car today and when I looked at the coolant at first I was worried (as previously had a VY that had green coolant) I noticed I had pink. Just wondering I do need to top up the coolant level but having my first sight of pink coolant I thought I’d ask what it is and how do I top it up. If read things like don’t add water as it deteriorates the coolant and stuffs up the engine. Is this true and would anyone know the best way to do it.
Bit of a stupid question but would rather ask and look stupid then stuff car up and have no car and look even More stupid.
My opinion would be to flush it out and put the pink coolant in it as from what I have been told it's better for your cooling system especially if it is a high performance car. Either way I have 3 V8's and only use the red coolant and haven't had any issues at all