Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Howard vs Rudd

Howard vs Rudd for PM

• Rudd

Votes: 92 64.8%
  • Howard

Votes: 50 35.2%

• Total voters

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
im just gonna say my 2 cents here. My father paid $45,000 for a house in Edwardstown (fairly wealthy area for SA) under a labor government with a 25% intrest rate. The intrest in that house alone was $11250. That house was recently sold for $300,000 mark which at 6% intrest is $18,000. Yes inflation occurs but not at the rate of this. Low intrest rates have allowed house prices to skyrocket and so people are spending more then they were under a labor government on repaying intrest alone....As for the IR laws 4 of my friends fathers/mothers have got the sack and now are relying on centrelink for money as these days its fairly hard for 50 + years people to get a job in this country...Thankyou Mr. Howard, Costello and all the other liers in this so called democracy. So much for a fair nation

Geez can't win. People bitch when the interest rates are high and people bitch when they're at record lows.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Well it seems people like rudd, which means you like labour i guess.
You're not voting for one man, you're voting for the party, either side could change leaders at any time so based on that, i think liberal will do a better job managing the econemy and general running of the joint than labour.
My 2 cents...

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
im just gonna say my 2 cents here. My father paid $45,000 for a house in Edwardstown (fairly wealthy area for SA) under a labor government with a 25% intrest rate. The intrest in that house alone was $11250. That house was recently sold for $300,000 mark which at 6% intrest is $18,000. Yes inflation occurs but not at the rate of this. Low intrest rates have allowed house prices to skyrocket and so people are spending more then they were under a labor government on repaying intrest alone....As for the IR laws 4 of my friends fathers/mothers have got the sack and now are relying on centrelink for money as these days its fairly hard for 50 + years people to get a job in this country...Thankyou Mr. Howard, Costello and all the other liers in this so called democracy. So much for a fair nation

pull your head out of the sand. do you think if interest rates were higher that house prices wouldn't increase? supply and demand buddy. even if interest rates were still 25% that house would still sell for well over $200k. Thats over $50k interest. if someone can't afford a 0.5% increase in interest then they have over borrowed in the first place. too many people want the big mansion or dream house straight off the bat. be realistic people, you may never have your dream house. be content to have a DECENT house. there's more to life then having a bigger house then the neighbour. i got realistic and realised i'd never afford a house on the coast so i moved bush where nice homes are half the price. if more people did my thing then city prices will come down. you'll notice a drop in several years as more people retire and sell, the market will be flooded and they won't be able to sell them. if you bought at the peak of the boom then IMO you're an idiot, you should have thought about the repayments and what you can afford.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
You like to bitch and moan a lot. Seems the only people who are worried about the new IR laws are the ones that have something to hide. If you need to hide behind a union or government legislation to secure a decent wage and job security, you need to take a good hard look at yourself.

last time i checked this was a forum and i was voiceing my opinion and i dont have anything to hide

These things should not be a god given right. If you want a decent wage, get a decent job. But no doubt you dropped out of school in year 10, no skills and expect 80k a year. The government isn't there to line your pockets. If you want better in life stop ya bitching and do something about it. And that goes for anybody who wants to cry about minimum wage.

i have a decent job i finnished year 12 i have a trade behinde me and i earn a 6 figure salary i just want to protect what i already have.They should have let the people make the choice and let us vote on it.

Last edited:

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
howard as rudds already said his going to cut the defence budget,typical tree hugging hippy,I dont want to see that slimy rudd w***nker in because all he wants in for is so he can give his union mates jobs:ranting:

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
i vote rudd imo howard is what is wrong with this country

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
howard as rudds already said his going to cut the defence budget,typical tree hugging hippy,I dont want to see that slimy rudd w***nker in because all he wants in for is so he can give his union mates jobs:ranting:

we are wasting out defence budget on iraq thanks to johnie and bush.....what about australias education system....and medicare

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs

Join the union if your scared

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
why the f**k would i jion a union, to pay some weedy c**t to sit at a pub and complain about the nation instead of do something about it.The unions are what drag this country down and any idiot that thinks there hard earned money that they paid to there union is going anywhere except giving jobs to the boys is a moron.VHSLX3300 if youd ever had anything to do wiyh the military youd now they are so underfunded its a wonder that our military is still able to function,but i guess youll be one of the crying f****ts thats saying why did happen when australia is invaded by indonesia!

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
navy seems tro have enough money so i dont see why your bitching