Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hptuners or EFI Live

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
Hi all,

I have a ls1 vx that has already been tuned. It is automatic. SInce the tune and several trans later i have never been happy the auto tune.

Its hard for a tuner to get this stuff how you want. Since the new trans got built my shifts, pressure etc are all over the shot. Different internals have been use don new trans.

Im looking at getting tuning software so i can get the trans settings how i want without serveral trips back and forward to my tuner and not only taking up heaps of my time but also wasting plenty of his time.

Now mto my question. Which software is better EFI live or HPtuners. My tuner use HP tuner but if EFI live has more benifts then i will go with this. Just after which ever has better benifits and obviously is easiest to use.

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd be interested to know if there is a difference between tunes aswell as I thought they were actually one and the same??

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
K, I'll stick with the HP Tuners then need to stick to that interface for compatability to Blackwood Dynos Tuner...

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
pretty sure that you'll need hp tuners as that is what was used to do the initial tune.. i don't think efi live will 'talk' to the tune.. when jez did my tune with efi live it had to be flashed out and written over with hp tuners so that changes could be made to the tune.