Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Announce Wagon

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Who cares if its a Sportswagon or not, its ****en hot.

Just read the article:

The ballpark price has increased from a vague $125,000-plus to around $150,000-$170,000, and HSV says full details will be revealed closer to its August release.

Seriously? 125,000++ I know they are only making 200 of them but GEEEEEZ tad expensive for a Holden.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Just read the article:

Seriously? 125,000++ I know they are only making 200 of them but GEEEEEZ tad expensive for a Holden.

No you didn't. And you didn't read this thread properly either. The HSV Tourer is Clubsport R8 spec and there will be a Senator Estate too. Both cars will only be approx. $1000 more than there sedan siblings.

The W427 is also going to be $150,000 - $170,000 according to a letter from Holden one of my mates just got. He's pre-ordered one already (a W427)! :D That's what they're only making 200 of.

You fail for reading!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
No you didn't. And you didn't read this thread properly either. The HSV Tourer is Clubsport R8 spec and there will be a Senator Estate too. Both cars will only be approx. $1000 more than there sedan siblings.

The W427 is also going to be $150,000 - $170,000 according to a letter from Holden one of my mates just got. He's pre-ordered one already (a W427)! :D That's what they're only making 200 of.

You fail for reading!

I just read it again and now i realise they moved onto talking about a different model. No need to be a arse clown.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
HSV have announced a new manual 6 speed gearbox and it will be an option on the Senator!!!!

DAMN!!! Where am I going to get the $$$ from to change over to a Red Passion with Light Urban interior M6 Senator Estate???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: New Manual Gearbox for HSV – Car Reviews, News & Advice – carsales.com.au - Carsales Editorial

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSV will introduce the new TR6060 manual transmission and a manual Senator as further 2008 running changes.

As part of the ongoing improvement of the HSV E-Series range, the old T56 manual gearbox that HSV has used since 1994 is about to be replaced by Tremec's new TR6060 six-speed manual as a running change later in 2008.

As part of the transmission upgrade, HSV will also offer a new manual version of its Senator Signature range for the first time since the E-Series release.

HSV exploited the T56 six-speed manual five years ahead of Holden after it fitted the gearbox to its special stroker version of the Holden V8 for the VR GTS early in 1994.

This gearbox, which started off as a Borg-Warner before Tremec added several early B-W transmissions to its own range, was always something of a clunker with odd noises and groans that would often drive owners and service managers to despair.

Tremec has progressively improved the transmission to the point where these quality issues were left behind. Even if the M10 close-ratio version used in today's HSV manual models is a vast improvement over the original, its parentage is ultimately a handicap to future development.

Tremec has replaced T56 with the sublime TR6060, a hugely improved six-speed manual that has already appeared in Ford's new FG range as the default manual choice behind all Falcon engines. A special version which is scheduled to appear in the W427, as fitted to LS7-powered Corvette models, will be the first Holden/HSV application of the TR6060 manual.

Insiders tell us that Holden is gearing up to switch to the new transmission for its V8 models possibly from August production which will flow into LS3-powered HSV models. Like the recent introduction of the LS3 engine, it will appear as a running change and not necessarily part of a revised model range when supply and Holden's production schedule will determine its timing.

One result of the changeover is the transmission is deemed sophisticated enough for a manual Senator Signature to be offered for the first time in the current body style.

In complete contrast to Ford, which claims there is no market for a V8-powered version of its new G-series range, both Holden and HSV are enjoying record sales of their premium Calais V and Senator Signature models.

Orders for Senator for the last three months are running 35 per cent higher than over the previous three months as more buyers want V8 performance and luxury without the boy-racer looks of the sporty Holden or HSV models.

When this market is now looking for a manual Senator, HSV has responded as the new transmission comes on stream with the new variation arriving as early as September.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Is it just me or does W427 make you think of a can of WD-40!? :yeah:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well him and everyone from the Ford camp..

Perhaps the T56 was the reason behind the 'driveline' constraints they mentioned for the LS3. The TR-6060 is rated for 810NM of torque in standard form (compared to 705 for the 6 speed auto), but there are stronger variations around (such as in the Corvette C6 ZR1).

Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The wagon looks awesome. I think the back might resemble the utes some what.