Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV badged commodores

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
I know im just bein a pain but I gotta do it Its 3.8L mate, not 3.6.
I knew that;)
Why did they go from 3.8 to 3.6 for the VZ then????
They both running alloytec?

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
I hear wat your saying reaper, wat i meant was holden should be stringent with it. I know we don't live in a perfect world, and it aint gonna happen. I've had to provice my vin number even when buying the stickers.
I saw the other day on ebay a guy flogging off a blank hsv build plate. Wat next? People like 88greenvn have got the right idea, and your right about advertising, even with mine being a bit older and hey they're not worth that much anymore, i have to be carefull where i park, it nearly got knocked off at kwinana motorplex in the carpark.
Keep it real guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I knew that;)
Why did they go from 3.8 to 3.6 for the VZ then????
They both running alloytec?

3.8 is the ecotec

3.6 is the alloytec

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
I don't like people mocking up GTR-XU1 's and SLR-5000's either; With the massive SLR-5000 rear-panel.
=====> Then you see them in the Trading post with the highest price tags ever.........and right at the bottom of the advert is the letters:
'lookalike' :cry:

I guess that applies to the good 'ol XW GTHO phase 1,2 and 3!....even though this place is for commodores;)

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
It's like the old comment I read in a Street Machine mag years ago, in an articel about the A9X Torana...it said there were "700 made, of which 6500 are still on the road"...:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
what i dont get is people make the replica xw and xy gt's and sell them for a price tag of around $35,000, when what have they done bar a couple racing stripes and some bathurst wheels?!?!

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
putting hsv badges on a car that not a hsv is just stupid.
my car is a hsv and the only thing that proves it is the compilance plate in the engine bay and hsv confirming it. ( a dumb previous owner removed the badges why??????? ).

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Personally i cant stand people who put hsv badges on a holden that isnt a hsv, its ridiculous and takes away the unique from the real hsv's. It goes for all cars tho, i see dirty feral falcons like ea's etc.. that have hub caps and sit like a 4wd, with tickford badges on it. just stupid.

Luked

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
D22
Big No-No

It's plain dumb....all you can do is go around and be like "yeah, I drive an immitation clubsport" .........It's ok to follow the style, but dont put the badges:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang::bang:

I want a Mk1 Morris Cooper S with the 1275 in it, and the disc brakes, and stylish:thumbsup: dash.
You see lots of mini's with this apparel, and it looks Uber_kool, but people wreck the 'classic' nature by sticky-taping "Cooper S" badges on them.

It's funny when you pull up to a 'lookalike' and you have the real version of their car......the look on some faces;)
And even more funnier when you race them (@ an organised meet) and put rubber on their windscreen:)

Do you know anyone who mocked up a Datsun 240z or 260z to look like a ferrari 330LMB???.................Theres a small problem with that principle:)

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i agree this is a serious problem and whats worse is when these hsv wanna b,s pull up at the lights next to someone who thinks they own a genuine hsv and they end up gettin smoked in their fake car it puts a bad rep for the genuine product:ranting: so while some would like to own a hsv and cant afford it my advice is save up and get the real thing!:thumbsup: and i know i have a vs calais which soon to be will be the wifes while i will be cruisein in my vs 215 i hsv senator and then some:D