Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV clubsport R8 vs VE SS

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
How much extra will you be shelling out for the Clubsport? If its not too much, definately go for it. Better brakes, suspension, more power. And its a Clubsport.....very sexy car. But if its a significant amount, I personally wouldnt. A little bit of cash goes a long way with the SS. Eg, For my VE SSV ive been quoted $6.5k for slotted rotors, Hi temp pads, braided lines, Pacemaker Headers, hi flow cats, exhaust and custom tune and CAI. Whack in more for some after market suspension and the differences quickly dissappear.

Either way, I would sleep on it. I traded up from a VX SS to VE SSV, pretty much on Impulse, made the decision in 1 afternoon, and while I dont regret that decision, 6 months later I do question if it was worth it.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Not a fan of the E2's? I love them! They do look busy at the front, but they look tough especially when screaming at full throttle.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
To me, the E2 kit seems a bit of an afterthought in adapting the left over yank panels. Which is fair enough - they did fine with what they had to work with, but it's not their best effort. If you've already got the 2010 SS, there's no sense in trading it for the clubby. What's the reason for the change? You can always run aftermarket stuff in the SS (seats, trim, colours, whatever ) to personalise it. I'd be holding out until the new motor comes through (it will.. sooner or later). The only advantages (though they're pretty big ones) I can see with the current clubbies is the TR6060 manual - it's pretty good, compared to the truck box in the SS, and the brakes. The suspension I can take or leave - can do way better aftermarket. Not worth the trade in my opinion. They're quicker (stock) - but not a lot quicker.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Eh, Frankly for the difference in insurance premium I would keep the SS and fit HSV gear to it. Just do it as you can afford to.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
HSV wears better brakes but come with a massive bill when it comes time to change pads and rotors.

I **** you not we have had customers decide to sell the car when given a quote for a full set of rotors and pads.

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
thanks to this thread i went today to suttons holden and traded my 07 ss for a 06 e clubby r8 hehe

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Put 5k away for when it needs brakes then :D