Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV E-Series 2 update to focus on fuel economy, styling

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
HSV E-Series 2 update to focus on fuel economy, styling

There will be a fraction more power for HSV’s updated 6.2-litre V8, but expect most of the engineering effort for the E-Series 2 to centre around increased fuel economy.

An updated HSV E-Series 2 is expected to focus more on fuel economy rather than increased power in a sign of the times for performance car manufacturers trying to improve their environmental footprint.
Improvements of around 5% or more to fuel economy are expected while power is expected to increase by a maximum of 2.5%.
The new HSV E-Series 2, due on sale in September, will use the same 6.2-litre V8 but is expected to consume up to one litre less fuel per 100km. That would reduce consumption to something under 14L/100km, which is still well about the 7.5L/100km-odd for small cars and 10L/100km-odd for six-cylinder large cars.
Peak power for the new HSV E-Series 2 is expected to jump slightly from 317kW in today’s car to either 320kW or 325kW. It is not expected to continue the move to have the number 7 on the end, as with the 307kW E-Series original or the 317kW update that brought the current car’s 6.2-litre V8.

HSV E-Series 2 update to focus on fuel economy, styling - www.drive.com.au

HSV_04_m_m.jpg

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
reading that article by burnz..good to see that holden are upgrading the old 4spd slush box autos to 5 and 6 spds..in the v6...new v8's sound interesting too!:thumbsup:

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
People don't buy a 6.2L V8 for economy. if you want economy buy a prius. HSV give the people what they want ....more power:)

Couldnt agree more. Seen FPV's new GT-HO planned? Going to put HSV to shame in terms of power if they keep up this green-hybrid-toyota-styled ****.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Couldnt agree more. Seen FPV's new GT-HO planned? Going to put HSV to shame in terms of power if they keep up this green-hybrid-toyota-styled ****.

All it means is Ford and Holden will leapfrog each other in the power stakes for a while till one of them runs out of engine/drivetrain from the mother ship or chassis capacity at a local level. At which time a "truce" will be called till the whole thing starts again.

Reaper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
People don't buy a 6.2L V8 for economy. if you want economy buy a prius. HSV give the people what they want ....more power:)

I agree, but if they can do it and still give a small increase in power then why not?

Unfortunately this whole fuel economy thing is a sign of the times. :(

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
I agree, but if they can do it and still give a small increase in power then why not?

Unfortunately this whole fuel economy thing is a sign of the times. :(

I just feel that economy shouldn't be HSV's number one priority. The money should be spent on performance research. People that buy a brand spanking new E series fork out $70-$90,000. I seriously doubt that they care about paying a few hundred dollars more a year for fuel, and they obviously don't buy the car to help the environment.

Comfal

Reaction score
Does any body else think it is strange that HSV has confirmed the new model will be E series 2 and all the Media reports are saying the new Commodore will be a VF.

Since Holden and HSV usually do the same I am guessing the new Commodore will be a VE Series II (Even though numerous people say Holden are not doing the Series II thing anymore) and unfortunately for people hoping for an exterior freshen up the VE II will looks almost exactly the same as VE with the driveline updates.(I hope I am wrong of course as I think the exterior(think VT to VX type update) and centre console are overdue for updates as well)